Alastor x Reader ~ Jambalaya Time !

"Alastor!" You called, slipping your shoes off and hanging your jacket up on the coat rack. "I have arrived."

You walked through the hallway, admiring his clean house. Alastor never lacked. He always kept things tidy, which you loved. He wasn't a slob.

You entered the living room, being greeted by Alastor on the couch. He waved at you.

"How are you, Y/N?" Alastor gave you a toothy grin.

You acknowledge his question by crossing your arms. "To be honest, work was shit because someone stole my food. I'm hungry."

Alastor sat straight, extending his hand with the corners of his mouth quirking up. "Why don't we make some Jambalaya?"

You paced towards him, snatching ahold of his hand with yours and lifting him. Quickly, you planted a kiss on his cheek.

"Sure," you answered, letting go of him.

The radio played the latest news, ranging from the extermination to the newest sex film. Well, not anymore since Alastor began to censor the films.

Alastor was currently putting in onions and bell peppers while you tried to find the salt. You already got pepper... but the salt?

I have no idea.

"Where the hell is the salt!?" You groaned, waving your hands in distraught.

Alastor's smile widened in amusement.

"Y/N, my love, don't worry," he consoled, pointing to one of the cabinets. "It's there."

"Oh!" You cringed. "Oh."

Everything in his house was too damn tall. You went on your tippy toes and reached over the counter, opening the cabinet up. The salt you needed was there. You snatched it, then tossed it to Alastor. He caught it and shook the container a few times.

You leaned against the cold counter, watching him stir the now-seasoned vegetables. "How many times have you made Jambalaya before?"

Alastor hummed, "Too many times to count. My mother taught me. She had the best recipe ever."

You smiled at his sweet response. If only he wasn't a raging cannibal or murderer.

No, that is what makes him special!

"Though, it almost killed her!" he laughed, twirling his hand around as if it was the funniest thing ever.

Your mouth dropped, "Huh!?"

As you went to the sink and took out the thawed chicken, you couldn't help but seriously think how the recipe would kill her. Plus, why would he laugh about that? What a silly dude.

Alastor then moved his monocle. "Hah! I won't elaborate."

Shaking your head, you focus on the task you need to do, which is the chicken. The oregano you needed was already on the counter

"How do you want me to cut the chicken?" you perked up, turning to look at Alastor.

"Just into tiny pieces," he answered bluntly.

You opened a drawer to gain access to a knife. With the chicken on the cutting board, you started slicing it. It wasn't long before it was all done.

As you were gathering up the chicken, something buzzed in your pocket. It was your hellphone. You opened it up, seeing that the timer you set for seven minutes was done.

You picked up the cut chicken and oregano. He stopped, letting you put the new ingredients in. Now, The large pot was not only boiling with onion and bell peppers but with chicken and oregano as well.