chapter 5

Akutagawa shuddered awake from the cold air prickling against his bare legs, he sighed when he realised where he was. He tried to move and when he realised he could he slowly stood up on his feet and leaned on the table. He looked down, the insides of his thighs were coated in dried blood and another white substance, and they were trembling as if he had been dragged through a tornado and back.

He looked around the room, trying to find where his trousers were so he could leave as fast as possible. He wandered around for a bit and grabbed them, pulling them up as quick as he would without fainting. The room wasn't spinning as much as before but he still had a headache, so he wanted to be careful.

Once he was dressed he looked at the clock, 4am. This event was meant to be an overnight thing, so if people wanted to sleep over in a sleeping bag they were welcomed to. Akutagawa didn't want to stay over, sleeping in a room with Mori on the lose sounded petrifying, but he accidentally stayed over anyway so it didn't matter.

He yawned and used a bit of glass as a mirror. He looked absolutely exhausted, ears and lips still bloody and hickeys all over his neck. He thought back but he couldn't remember Mori kissing him there at all. He frowned and assumed Mori just came back and did it when he was still unconscious, he was passed out for quite a few hours so it would have been stranger to him if he didn't do anything. He assumed that was also the reason he had more red cuts along his chest.

Luckily the hoodie atsushi gave him hadn't been lost, or ruined by anything, he was pretty surprised that Mori didn't just take it and burn it. He pulled it up higher to cover all the marks on his neck.

He headed out of the room, the stench of blood and vomit  made his blood churn uncomfortably so he didn't want to be anywhere near that. He closed the door as quietly as he could before walking down the hall and going into the first empty classroom he walked by. He barged in and fell to the floor. He was to exhausted to walk home yet but a change in environment was better than nothing. He sighed and pulled his phone out of his pocket and replied to his sisters message.

You: Hey sorry for not replying earlier, me and my friends thought it would be fun to stay the night and I fell asleep so I could only message u now, see you in a few hours. I'm also exhausted I barely slept so when I get back I'm going straight to my room to sleep.

Akutagawa thought it would be better to mention he would sleep when he gets back, at least he can have a bit of peace before his sister harasses him for details on how fun it was. He pressed send and started to look for something on his phone to occupy him for the next few hours. He checked his face when he opened the camera app, his ears were now only slightly red, same with his lips and eyes too, but his eye bags were creepily dark. That didn't surprise him much, the only time he slept last night was when he physically couldn't wake up so of course he was tired.

He settled on tiktok, and scrolled for a while until he heard the handle on the door move. Out of instinct, he jumped up onto his feet with wide eyes and walked back towards the wall, was it Mori? Had that creep come back for seconds? As the door opened slowly, a timid head peaked in and looked around the room, Atsushi?

Atsushi looked around the room confusedly, this wasn't the bathroom, or at least he didn't think it was. The toilets he was used to didn't have desks in but maybe that was just because it was a private school. His gaze floated around for a while until he caught sight of a dark haired boy looking at him with a confused expression, eyebrows raised and all.

"Hello?" Akutagawa spoke as if it was a question, how did Atsushi know he was here? Was it a coincidence maybe? Atsushi blinked back a few times before replying,

"why are you here?"

"This is my school?"

"No like I meant why are you just hanging around in an empty classroom, stood up?"