chapter 2

Atsushi

Atsushi didn't actually attend this school- he just came too as some of his friends who actually did attend this school insisted he go along with them. It had been a highlight for the pupils here so of corse he had to come too.
He looked around the school building he just entered, it was much smaller than his own school, as well as not being as fancy and posh looking.

Atsushi had always grown up in an extremely wealthy environment: butlers and maids to assist anything he was troubled with, golden cutlery, personal chefs, a mansion for a house, multiple bedrooms and personal bathrooms for each room- name it and he has 10 of them.

This school isn't even that run down, it was just he attended one of the most expensive snob-filled private schools in the country so it seemed like that to him. He came to the party with a group of his friends: junichiro and his sister naomi (their bond was... something else), kunikida (a 'nerd' or a 'tryhard' is what people would describe him as, or maybe an 'extreme moralist'), Kenji (an extremely positive person somehow.. all the time?), as well as yosano and ranpo (who spent most of their time judging people while talking shit about them). Even if they all go to a different school that him, they were all super close, hanging round with each other at least once every 3 days after school.

The group entered the main hall where the event was said to be held. The ceilings were surprisingly high with colourful disco lights shining from them, setting a joyful mood, and windows covered lots of the walls, giving students a clear view of outside. Currently the stars were shimmering from light years away. Its interesting humans can see things so far away. The hall was filled with laughter and the music was blasting from the speakers, confetti flying everywhere.

Atsushi looked around, observing the hall for a while, after a while his gaze setting on a small boy stood on his own in the far corner of the room. The angle he was facing made his skin glow white, imitating a ghost, or maybe a vampire, and the ends of his hair seemed to glisten. His eyelashes batted slowly, revealing a pair of black opal eyes before he raised a cup of orange juice to his lips. Atsushis eyes widened with awe. How could anyone be this pretty?

He then gently tapped on kunikida's shoulder,
"Hey, who's that boy over there. Uhh... the one with the black hair with white ends?"
Kunikida looked around to Atsushi, then to where his finger was pointing before giving a pitiful frown and sighing,
"Oh he's in my form, I don't think he talks so don't even bother trying to be friends with him."

Atsushi looked back at the boy thoughtfully, before being nudged by Junichiro,
"I have seen him around too, he is in my science class.. wait and my English too"

Atsushi nodded as a signal for him to carry on.

"Anyways, there has been this rumour going 'round for as long as I can remember about him hooking up with a teacher," he explained pretty loudly, the music was so loud if he said it any quieter it would have been drowned out by the music. "None of us know which one, but I'm personally gonna guess one of the males ones 'cuz he is so obviously a fag-"

Before he could finish his sentence Kunikida hit him on the head, light enough to not hurt but hard enough to get the point across.

"Stop, don't say stuff like that when you have literally never even talked to him, rumours don't prove anything," Kunikida butted in.

"Well of course I haven't talked to him!" Junichiro sarcastically replied, "the one time I did actually try to talk to him he just spun around and looked at me blankly, not even bothering to reply!!!" He said the last part with an obviously fake pout.

Atsushi then looked from his freind, to the boy

'He probably had a reason for not answering, I'm sure of it' atsushi said to himself, after all, the boy looked really sweet. 'Junichiro is a kinda loud person -threatening even- if you haven't met him before so that's probably why..'

Just then, yosono and Ranpo popped out from behind some other people, they had just came back after grabbing some sweets from the table in the I.T. room.
"What's going in here?" Yosano asked, clearly uninterested.

"That boy over there," Atsushi gestures over, trying not to point because that would probably give him a bad impression.

"His name is Akutagawa and he joined last year, like half way into the school year though, he was getting bullied so that's why it was sudden, anything else I know I have no right to share," ranpo added, he was extremely intelligent so he probably figured that out on his own.

"Uhmm.. I'm gonna head over to the drinks table and grab an apple juice" (definitely not becuase that was near where akutagawa was) "because I feel pretty thirsty, I will be back in a sec wait here," Atsushi quickly said to the others.

"Nooo don't go over to see the queer dude," Junichiro pestered over his shoulder, "he might spread his disease, I'm assuming you don't want to be turned into a homo too would you?" He added before getting cut off again with another slap from Kunikida.

"Are you drunk off sugar or something?" Kunikida interrogated, leaning over Junichiro slightly, "just because someone doesn't have a sexual relationship with their sister doesn't automatically mean they are gay."

The last part of that sentence made yosano and ranpo snicker at each other, and atsushi laughed slightly.
Junichiro frowned slightly before brushing the comment off.

Atsushi gave them a pitiful smile before Turning around and heading towards the drink station. He knows tanizaki was just joking and he didnt actually mean anything, but he still felt a bit bad, he couldn't imagine going to school and people talking so badly without him knowing. What if the rumours are true though? What if he was fucking a teacher? Atsushi shoved all the bad thoughts to the back of his brain and carried on walking.