Sunday Evening

Sunday evenings were always relaxing for the Ranawats. It was a rule in the house that no one was allowed to be in their room after 6 in the evening. They were expected to be in the company of each other either playing board games or sharing the happenings of their week.

Ira and Sia were sitting on the couch leaning against Samman on either sides.

Sia continued,"Aur phir unn teacher ne mujhe daanta. Maine unse bolne ka try Kiya ki Atharva ki galti thi but she asked me to get out of the class."

Both Samman and Ira frowned at the unfairness.

Ira asked, "Ye wahi nayi teacher hai na jise har well-off student se problem hai?"

Samman frown intensified.

Sia shrugged with a pout,"Ab toh humesha hi class me mujhe target karti hai!"

Samman- "Do you want me to come to your school, Sia? Hum baat karenge aapki maths teacher se."

Sia quickly shook her head. She didn't want the teacher to further target her.

Sia- "Koi baat nahi,bhaiya. Kuch dino me sab normal ho jaayega. 2 din me weekly test ke result mil jayenge. She'll get impressed after that."

Samman smiled at the simplicity of her logic.

Ira rolled her eyes,"Ha. Ab toh bas teacher ko hi impress karna bacha hai."

Samman whacked her head gently, "To aur kise impress Kiya jata hai, Swara?"

Ira gulped. She guessed that he won't understand the implications behind her words but she was clearly wrong.

She immediately changed the topic,

"Arey humare Ghar me itne handsome aadmi ko chodd ke bhala hum kisi aur ko kyun impress karne ki sochenge? Toh kahiye, kya aap humse impress ho gaye?" She winked at him.

Sia giggled while Samman shook his head.

Samman, "Aap bohot besharam ho gayi hai!"

Ira, "Yaha hum aapki tareef kar rahe hai aur aap hume besharam bol rahe hai. Zamana hi kharab hai."

After a while, she shrieked

"Zamane se yaad aaya, 7 bajne wale hai! Aur Aaj toh month ka second Sunday bhi hai. Cono aayenge Aaj!"

Sia- "Phir se woh torture!"

Ira got up and whacked her making her whine and snuggled closer to her bhaiya.

Ira ran towards the radio and turned it on. She went back to jer place and sighed in relief.

As soon as the clock struck 7, a deep, mesmerising voice resonated throughout the room.

"Good Eveeeeening Mubaiiii Taazi Taazi hawaye aur Sunday ke ye shaam, aap bane rahe mere yani ki RJ SM ke saath!"

"Toh sabse pehle bataiye ki kya haal chaal hai iss zamane ka? Agar accha nahi bhi hai, toh tension not! Mai yaha aapki khidmat pe taiyaar hu. Aur Aaj ka din toh aur bhi special hai! Jee ha! Bilkul sahi samjha aapne! Aaj woh aane wali hai."

Ira clapped her hands in excitement making Samman smile and Sia make a face.

"Toh Bina kaisi der ke aaiye aur kho jaiye, humari S3 ki awaz me!"

"Arey wah! Kya awaaz thi kya gaana tha, kya jazbaat the! Isi baat pe aap jaha bhi hai, Taaliyan Baja dijiye and say thanks to S3 for giving us yet another beautiful song!"