Well this is...Awkward

His forehead was pressed against mine, and he probably hadn't noticed but I was finding it difficult to breathe let alone make coherent sentences in answer to his question! My eyes wandered away from his piercing gaze. Kieran was smoking; literally, smoking hot. My eyes tracked the tendrils of steam that blew off of his body. Breath, in and out, in and-

He chuckled. A rich baritone sound that had the unique quality of making you want to laugh with him, even if you didn't get the joke; Coda's sheep-like snicker did the same thing. Jeez, how low can you get, in the shower with your best friends brother. You haven't done anything, I reasoned with myself....haven't done anything yet.

"The almighty Abigail has been struck dumb, and all it took was wearing a drenched birthday suit" amusement lilted his words. What shocked me most was that he wasn't as stupid as I thought he was; he actually stringed together a half intelligent sentence, as derogatory as it was to me. My eyes turned away from the thick white mist, lingered on the droplets of water on his shoulder blade before arriving at the intended destination, his eyes.

This close up glints of grey could be seen swimming like silver fish in the depths of his eyes. If the very bottom of the sea had a colour, Kieran's eyes would, most definitely be it.

"Huh?" I heard myself say, I just, had to sound shaky and breathless, I internally rolled my eyes. What did I think this was a romance novel?

"And she speaks." he droned sarcastically.

"I'm going to ask you again, and I actually want an answer this time AJ. Why are you in my shower?" the sentence, had gone in one ear and out the other; I'd been too focused on not focusing on his mouth.

"Are you even listening to me!?"

"No, not really." clearly my own mouth was on auto-pilot. He gave me a strange look, the sort of look someone gives you after your head, does a 360.

"Maybe I should get some clothes on," he bit his lip, a rubbish attempt at hiding a smile. He pulled away from me, he was still close, but it wasn't like I was breathing in his peppermint breath anymore. I blinked, exhaling a breath I hadn't realised I had been holding.

"And what makes you think that you being naked has anything to do with the fact-" he pressed his fingers to my lips, I hiccupped in shock.

"Save it for someone that actually gives a damn about absolute bull, okay?" he got out of the bathtub taking the warmth of his touch with him. And I couldn't help but sigh.

"Heard that!" I heard him laugh again, before hearing the barely audible click of the door. I refuse to deny that I found him attractive because, like I said lies don't sit well with me, however admitting to him that I found him incredibly, mind-numbingly sexy (especially y'know naked as the day he was born) was a different thing all together. Another sigh left my lips and I leaned back against the tiled wall, collecting myself for a few seconds before hopping out of the bath.

"The camera!" I gasped, how could I have been so stupid!? I squinted through the diminishing mist and turned the camera on, smiling in relief as a green light in the corner of the black device blinked. It still worked! My thoughts drifted back to Kieran Miller.

From the day I had walked into Fly High Reform, I knew he would make the hours worthwhile. I wasn't the only one who thought so; everywhere he went a throng of followers, were close behind. Everything orbited around Kieran Miller: The school knew it, I knew it. He knew it.

I glanced up from the camera, noticing an inscription written on the condensation-covered mirror, on the cabinet above the sink. I moved closer to it. It read:

                Meet me at the pool room. The eleventh floor, first door on your left. We can talk there.

                                                               P.S. Change out of your PJ's.  

I looked down at my attire. A white vest top, no bra (well that's just dandy) and bright pink pyjama bottoms covered in a cute panda bears. I ran a hand down my face and had to stop myself from laughing and screaming at the same time. A few hours ago I'd mauled his chest, a few minutes ago I had jumped in his shower. He was so blasé about it, when I always felt like someone was continuously hitting the 'Embarrass self' button inside of me. I groaned in frustration and dragged myself toward the door. I pressed an ear to the door and heard him whistling Bass down low by Dev. I raised my eyes to the heavens; Kill me now.

I was stuck in this godforsaken bathroom until he left the main room.  

                                                                            ***

Having changed into what I thought was appropriate: quarter lengths, a chunky knitted jumper that slipped off of my shoulders from time to time, flip flops, and of course a bra. I tapped my foot in time with my convulsing heart, eyes darting as the elevator numbers ascended getting closer and closer to floor 11.

7...

8...

9...

10...

11.

The silver doors dinged, before sliding open. Soft tunes greeted me, enveloping me in the deep tones. I stepped out, and followed his directions, tripping on absolutely nothing, naturally, I saved myself from buckling onto the floor and took the two strides that closed the space between me and the mahogany double doors.

The rich smell of tobacco, expensive alcohols, perfumes and danger lingered on the dark wood. The soft music had been coming from this room. The Pool Room, a gold plaque red, in tiny letters at the bottom it read: Under 18s are not permitted within this area. This is area has a segregated smoking area. ID is required before admission.

I pulled a face at the last part. Well, here goes nothing, I thought, before pushing the doors open.

Hey there! Two chapters in three days you say? Doesn't that deserve a vote?! Haha it was all thanks to my wonderful friend and persistent motivator IWearSneakers she's awesome and really, really, really wanted to know what was going to happen after the shower :) so for getting me to write this chapter so quickly I dedicate this chapter to her. That picture there is the amazingly good looking Ian Harding who is what I would imagine the 'heaven-sent Kieran Miller' would look like. I tried to make this chapter as believable as possible. If you haven't heard the song Bass Down Low by Dev that is mentioned in the chapter, I suggest you listen to it because the message behind it is the reason why I chose the song in the first place. :D

Comment, Vote, Share. It's all going toward a good cause, which is making me happy haha Jk. I started watching all these 90s shows again for some reason...Oooh how random :)

I <3 90s Kids

Love y'all

Love, Finny xxx