Assignments

- - - - -

?:?? ??.

I found myself standing on a serene beach, the golden sand stretching endlessly before me.

The rhythmic sound of waves crashing against the shore filled the air, creating a soothing melody.

As I looked out at the vast expanse of the ocean, I felt a sense of peace and tranquility wash over me.

The warm sun caressed my skin, and a gentle breeze tousled my hair, creating a feeling of contentment and relaxation.

I walked along the water's edge, feeling the soft sand beneath my feet and watching seagulls glide effortlessly overhead.

Everything seemed to slow down, and I was enveloped in a profound sense of calm and serenity.

It was as if all my worries and anxieties had melted away, leaving only a deep sense of connection to the natural world around me.

Although the Volmerian species doesn't experience the conventional concept of seasons, what I've come to identify as summer here holds a special place in my heart.

The warm rays of the sun caress my skin as I stand on the tranquil beach, the gentle breeze carrying the scent of saltwater and distant shores.

But why am I here, at the beach? The memory of being hauled away by a Volmerian soldier to an unknown destination lingers in my mind like a shadow, casting a pall over the serenity of this beautiful sanctuary.

Nevertheless, for now, I choose to immerse myself in the peace and beauty of my surroundings, letting the rhythmic lullaby of the waves soothe my troubled thoughts.

"Hey, you ready to go?" a familiar figure calls out from a distance, interrupting my reverie.

"Huh? Go where?" I respond, my voice tinged with confusion as I struggle to make sense of the situation.

"We're almost there," the figure replies, his tone growing increasingly impatient as he draws nearer.

"I-I don't understand. Where are we going?" I stammer, instinctively taking a step back as a sense of unease begins to creep over me.

"Wake up, we're almost there," the figure declares sternly, his hand landing heavily on my shoulder as he shakes me violently, jolting me from my daze with a start.

2:15 am.

The violent shaking gradually subsides, and I find myself being pulled out of my serene dreamland, abruptly returning to the reality of the passenger seat in the vehicle, with the figure from my dream beside me.

The soldier.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, but we are almost there. I need you up and about," he says, his attention fixed on the landing dock ahead.

As I gaze out the windshield, I'm met with a sight beyond my wildest imagination.

Stretching before us lies an immense military base, its sprawling expanse illuminated by the vivid hues of neon blues and purples against the backdrop of the night sky.

"Wow..." I breathe in awe, taking in the grandeur of the scene unfolding before me.

"Impressive, huh?" the soldier remarks with a smirk, a hint of pride evident in his voice.

"This is the base. You won't be staying here, but this is where you will get your assignments," he explains, his tone tinged with a sense of authority.