Chapter 6: Help

"Hello?"

"Hyunjin-ah it's me, I will he picking you up today since I want to take you for a ride, what time should I be there?"

"I'll be done in an hour and a half."

"Perfect. Oh darling, do you wear comfortable clothes?"

"I mean yeah, why?"

"Nevermind, I'll bring you a pair of everything. Bye love."

"Bye, Chanbgin."

Before Hyunjin could move he felt a pull on his shirt.
Here we go again.

"What's up, you finally found a boyfriend who can put up with your poor ass?"

"Minjun, you're gay and you have internalized hatred towards yourself, it's okay. We all know. Don't attack people you find attractive."

"You sinner, don't say my name ever again in the same sentence as gay!"

"Why? Gay means happy. Aren't you happy Minjun? Plus, you should know, I'm really religious too, but I guess my sexuality is just a part of who I am. Don't worry, it's okay to be gay-"

Suddenly a kick was landed in his abdomen.
Then another on his back.
Minjun's fingers grabbed a handful of his blonde hair and pulled hard.

"Next time, I won't be so nice and your pretty face will be all bruised up. You piece of shit, you shouldn't even be alive."

"Yes, runaway, just like a scared little boy."

"I'll see you soon Hwang. There'll be consequences for this."

Minjun.
Hyunjin has always been hatred because of his sexuality.
Unlike Changbin who bought people's acceptance with his looks, power and money, he had nothing to give in order to not have negative reactions.
He had found himself getting hit in multiple occasions and the combination of being book smart and gay had been proven almost deadly in multiple occasions.

"Darling? Hey, Hyunjinie?"

"Oh, hello Binnie."

"You called me-"

"Binnie, don't you like it? I thought it was okay, since you always call me nicknames- I'm sorry- I'll-"

"No, I adore it. Please call me any nickname you want, you just caught me off guard."

"Okay Binnie. How are you?"

"I'm really good now that I see you darling."

"How's your father? Is he okay? Better?"

"My father has terminal cancer, he's-"

"As okay as he can be, I get it." He really does.

"Well it's hard you know but I shouldn't-"

"Hey, I want to hear you out. I'm here for you. Please talk to me about what's burdening you."

"It's just so hard, watching him so sick. He's withering away, disappearing, all in front of my eyes.
I have all the money in the world and still no matter if I spend it all or none there's nothing they can do. He's just there, dying, nothing left to do, no hope to be saved."

"That's the thing with cancer patients hyung, they see there but not here. You have to watch the lose and you're standing there unable to help."

"It's just, one moment he's okay, smiling, talking and the other he's sick. So sick... it hurts even more to know that my father is at least old enough, he has lived his life, he has traveled, created memories and he is considered lucky because... there are children Hyunjin. Young, little kids who should be running around, playing, going to school, in hospitals fighting so hard, so young and they're losing. Some of them cannot even afford the type of treatment that could save them."

"Oh hyung... I know, I know so much more than you'd think I do. There's nothing I can do to help them nothing, I wish I could-"

"Hyung, do you feel the need to help someone?"

"Yes! I can't help my father anymore but... I'd do anything to help a child, an innocent sould-"

"Will helping someone that has cancer, in any way you can, a child, make you happy? Make you feel relived?"

"God yes... it'll make it all better, it'll-"

"Do you mind if I drive us somewhere?"

"But I-"

"Please? I promise you won't be disappointed."

"Okay, lead the way."

The road was calm.
The music playing behind was soft and it brought am intense feeling with nostalgia in the car.
Hyunjin hadn't been able to visit his sister in a long time, this was his only chance to help her.

Changbin told him to use his money and now that Chanbgin wanted to help a sick child they could both be on the winning side.
Since he was so eager to help why not help Hyunjin's sister?

"Hyunjin? Why are we in a hospital?"

"Didn't you want to help?"

"Yes but-"

"You also said I could use your money. That's what I'm doing, I'm using your money while helping you. There's nothing to lose now."

"I still don't think I understand."

"Give me you hand Binnie."

Soon Changbin saw the pediatric ward for cancer patients and Hyunjin lead him slowly behind a soft pink curtain that had butterflies attached everywhere.

"Nari? Are you asleep sweetheart?"

"Hyunie! I've missed you so much!"

"Hi, baby. I've missed you too. How are you feeling little one?"

"I'm, you know. The same. But I found another butterfly- Oh, who's that?"

"This um... my fiance Nana."

"No way! Why didn't you tell me anything? How didn't I know about that! Hello, I'm Hwang Nari, nice to meet you."

"Hwang... Nari?"

"Yes, Hyunjin's sister. Do you have a hearing problem? Should I be louder?"

"No, no. Sorry, I'm Changbin. Nice to meet you. How old are you?"

"Hopefully, I'll turn thirteen next month."

"You have, cancer?"

"Child cancer. But it's okay, I'll make the most of the life I have left."

"Is there a treatment?"

"No, there's not any."

"Nari, there actually is."

"Hyunjin, there's not. You've sacrificed enough, both you and mum all of these years. There's nothing else-"

"Wait, there's actually-"

"Yes, my one and only option. But it's... I can't pay for that. We've already sold our house and now mum sold her car too in order for me to stay-"

"How much is it?"

"I can't have it, it's too expensive and I have to be transferred to the university hospital where Hyunjin lives and-"

"It's 300.000$ Binnie."

"Okay, well have her transfered immediately in pur hospital, in father's unit. I'll have someone buy your mum a car too with all of the costs covered. She should quit her job too. Has she finished university?"

"She's a lawyer."

"Perfect she'll work for one of my companies. I'll have it all settled for her plus an apartment. She won't need to work till our Nari is healthy again-"

"Hyunjin, Changbin. This is not funny-"

"This is not a joke Nari. Changbin will pay for everything okay? You'll be healthy soon."

"You're not joking?"

"No, Nari. I promise to help you as much as I can, I'll do everything okay?"

"Thank you! Thank you so much! You've saved my life"