(7.) - A Black Market Below the City.

As I kept moving down, I kept a locked view onto the cloaked figures that I could see with my thermal sense. This was one long staircase if I had to say so myself.
And trust me, I have descended down my fair share of long staircases before. I mean, the Ruins of Abyss staircase and some dungeon staircases just pop into mind when I think about long staircases.

Eventually, the cloaked figures reached the bottom, before suddenly - their bodily heat disappeared. I exhaled lightly in suprise, before quickly sprinting down the rest of the stairs, reaching the bottom, but finding myself infront of what looked like a complete and utter dead end.

Keywords - 'looked like' - it most definitely wasn't a dead end. After all..

| [Overworld Detection] is picking up many, many life signals from the otherside of the wall. It is either a secret passage way or— |

'It's intangible.'

I finished the Ancient Ones way of thought, before walking up closer to the wall. It definitely looked like a wall, however most definitely wasn't a wall - my senses could pick up Magical Energy radiating from it, however it was so faint that the average person that didn't have as sensitive senses as me, wouldn't have noticed.

Guess that's one perk to being a monster - I can do and detect stuff normally humans can't.

'Ancient One, can you find a way to disable this wall?'

| Unfortunately, I will have to say no. This wall, at least based on my analysis, seems to be part of a giant barrier that surrounds a large area - hiding off whatever is inside the barrier from the outside world. |

| Removing this one wall would remove the entire barrier and bust down our whole task of investigating. |

Fair point...
I am just a single monster and even with Wezrall, Iyka, Odale and.... Okay maybe Frindel would obliterate all enemies - BUT THAT'S BESIDES THE POINT—

Point is, without the Adventuring Guild, we are heavily outnumbered. And besides, our task right now is just to investigate and relay any finds to the guild - not engage in any sort of combat.

....Hopefully Wezrall and Odale make sure that Frindel and Iyka don't engage in combat with the people who were on the ship.
They just need to investigate it and maybe neutralize anyone that is necessary - but straight up fighting anyone isn't necessary.

I shook my head lightly.

I've wasted enough time - Ancient One, can I head on through?

| Positive that you can. It won't cut off your 'Undetectable' skill or anything like that. |

That's definitely something good to hear...
'Undetectable' is the only reason I'll manage to do this investigation in the first place. And so, after taking in a deep breath, I stepped on through the fake wall, phasing through it and making it to the otherside, being met with a truly unbelievable sight.

A whole giant cave with what looked like hundreds, maybe even over thousands of buildings with many, many crooks and what I assumed to be criminals walking around the 'streets' of the place.

'..This must be the Black Market where all the illegal trade goes on in...'

I thought, using 'Overworld Detection' to get a complete feel of the whole place. The Guildmaster Klana had told me about a hidden black market, somewhere in Yiinao that they know exists but haven't been able to find as of yet.