Chapter 5

Sorry for the late update! Enjoy the new chapter!

-CTS TT-TT

Chapter 5: A refreshing deep breath

It’s been a good month since Nawaki and I moved here to Ikebukuro, and we entered somewhat smoothly in the month of May even with all the things that happened. Nawaki seemed to be making good friends as I was getting use to my work schedule.

On a cold Tuesday, I looked out the window watching the harsh rain fall.

The sky as covered in dark grey clouds with blotches of white mixed in as rain pelted down hard on the cold earth. I sat quietly in my living room drinking a cup of tea.

Pretty much I was bored, stuck with an artist block for my next project and laying around in my house for the past few days. Sighing deeply, I looked down at the blank piece of paper in front of me.

“Ah~! NO good! I’ve got nothing,” I groaned leaning against my chair. Closing my eyes, I listened to the still sounds around me, hoping they would give me some sort of inspiration.

“Nee-san! I’m back.” I heard as the door clicked open. Sitting up, I turned to the door way.

“Okaeri, Nawaki.” I got up from my seat and walked to the door, “How was your day-“ I stopped not finishing my sentence, seeing my brother was completely drenched, in his he had his blazer jacket wrapped up in his arms “W-what happened?!”

“Sorry… I lost the umbrella in the winds and I had to keep her warm…”

“Her?” Nawaki lifted up his jacket and a small black head popped up shaking it’s head. My eyes widened as I was greeted with green eyes and cute black ears.

“Nya~” a black kitten cried.

“Kawaiii~!! I squealed. Nawaki smiled and sat her down, “Where did you find her?” I asked as I scooped her up in to my arms.

“I found her besides Russia Sushi. She was left in a box.”

“Eh~!? Poor thing!” The cat rubbed herself in my arms and purred. Nawaki set a small plastic bag down, “What is that?”

“Oh, Simon-san gave me it. He was feeding her.”

“Heh~ he’s a nice person.” Nawaki took his shoes off and walked to his room, “Take a shower, I’ll get dinner warms up.”

“Okay, Nee-chan.”

I put the kitten down and walked to the kitchen to warm up the stew I made ahead of time. The kitten meowed again as she followed me to the kitchen. She rubbed her head against my leg and purred. I smiled at her and continued to set dinner. Nawaki walked out of the bathroom and sighed in relief. The kitten immediately went to her savior and purred. Nawaki smiled and picked her up. He sat down on to the couch.

“Nee-“

“Nee, why don’t we keep her?” I suggested.

“Eh? Is that okay?”

“Yeah, the apartment allows animals.” I walked over to the couch and leaned over Nawaki to pet the kitten. “What should be name her?”

“Noire?”

“Eh~?”

“Well, it’s black.”

“But isn’t that a bit cliché?”

“Then you name her, Nee-chan.” I looked at the kitten.

“Hm… Then Noru-chan.”

“Noru-chan?” The cat looked up at me with her ears twitching.