Chapter 4

Mexico

Mexico

I was coming back from a meeting, chilling in the backseat while my driver kept us on the road. Then, on the highway, I spotted a car doing a quick reverse as soon as they caught sight of us, probably sensing the presence of cartels.

I gotta admit, seeing that fear in people's eyes always gives me a little thrill. But what really grabbed my attention was the girl in the back of that car.

She was something else, man. Long hair, eyes smudged with kohl, giving off this mysterious vibe.

Now, I'm not one to chase every pretty face I see. I stick to my one-woman policy. But something about her made me stop and think twice.

"Pull over," I told my driver, my voice carrying a weight of command. "Get one of the guards to bring her over here."

Now, impatience gripped me. I needed to see her immediately. Exiting the car, I approached, and as I drew nearer, I overheard them discussing money. But no amount of money could ever part me from her.

There she stood, and I knew instantly that she was the one. Her large earrings caught my eye, her eyes adorned with kohl, and her long brown hair cascading down to her hips. Her outfit is something different.

I couldn't help but take in every detail, even though I knew it was wrong. But I wanted her beside me; the desire was undeniable.

Turning my attention to the man with her, I asked, "Who is she to you?"

He responded with audacity, claiming she was his friend and attempting to offer me money to ensure her safety. The nerve of him! I scoffed at the notion of harming my tesoro, my treasure.

"Tsk tsk," I muttered dismissively before refocusing my gaze on her. At that moment, nothing else mattered; all I wanted was to look at her, to be near her.

With a decisive tone, I presented her with two options."you have two options here. The first option is simple: come with me, and I'll let your friends go unharmed. No money, no trouble"

I paused for a moment to let her think and said further "The second option, however, is much less favorable for you and your friends. If you refuse to cooperate, they will also become my hostages, or worse, I might decide to end them right here and now. And trust me, I'm not bluffing."

I hope she chooses the first option; it's a reasonable choice and guarantees her friends' safety. The second option, however, is ominous, and I'm prepared to do whatever it takes to take her with me, even if it means using force.

As a cartel boss, I operate under a strict code where no one is forced into anything against their will. Yes, we may use force against those who cross us, but when it comes to women, there is a line that is never crossed.

In my world, if a woman is interested in prostitution, we provide a safe and consensual environment. Our people pay them for their services, and everyone involved consents to the arrangement. It's a delicate balance that we maintain, and it has served us well. But I never ever involved with them. It was just for my people.

However, when I saw her, everything changed. She stirred something within me that I couldn't ignore. Despite my rules, I knew I wanted her in my life. I wasn't going to force her into any intimate situation, but she had to be with me. That was non-negotiable.

I was breaking my own rule, bending my principles for her, but I couldn't deny the pull she had on me. Nothing could change that, not even my own convictions.

I gazed at her intently, feeling a strange connection as if I could sense her thoughts. I knew she was questioning everything, her mind filled with a simple yet profound "why."

Tears welled up in her eyes, and I couldn't bear to see her in distress. Anger flashed in her expression, but I met her gaze with a sense of calmness, saying, "No questions, cara mia."

The term slipped out of my mouth involuntarily, but it felt right somehow. She belonged with me, and the endearing term "cara mia" felt like a declaration of ownership, a claim on her heart.

"I want to know your name, cara mia," I insisted, taking a step toward her. However, I noticed her retreating steps, and I halted, not wanting her to distance herself.

"It's Aaradhya Kapoor," she replied hesitantly, and I shook my head disapprovingly, clicking my tongue in disappointment. "No, no," I muttered. "Your name is Aaradhya Salvatore de Luca."

Her reaction was one of shock, as if she had seen a ghost. The name I uttered was foreign to her, but it felt right on my lips. Despite hating to see her in distress, I couldn't compromise. She was meant to be mine, and I was determined to make it so, regardless of the cost.

I firmly gripped her wrist and gestured for her to enter my car. She was coming with me, no questions asked.

As she glanced back at her friends, she whispered, "Tell my family I love them and take care. Tell them not to worry." Tears streamed down her cheeks, and it pained me to see her like this. "And Papa, Mummy, I love you. Dadu and bhai, I love you too. Please, parul, just convey my message. I don't know when I'll see them again, or if I'll be able to."

Her words tugged at my heartstrings, but I couldn't let her go. "You're mine now," I asserted. "You can talk to your family every day if you want, as long as you don't try to escape from me."

Her eyes reflected a mix of emotions, including anger. If she needed to vent her frustration, I was willing to be her punching bag.

"I want you to gather your belongings, but I can't fully trust you yet. I'll hold onto your passport," I declared, aware of the cruelty in my actions but resolute in my decision.

She gathered her belongings while I secured her passport. Looking me straight in the eye, she stated firmly, "I don't trust you. Let my friends go, and then I'll come with you."

I signaled my guards to stand down, removing the threat of the gun from her friends. "You're free to go," I instructed them.

However, her friends, Parul and Ekansh, remained rooted in place, refusing to leave. Ekansh even tried to reason with me, "Let her go, she's innocent. She hasn't done anything to you."

I knew they were right; Aaradhya hadn't harmed me in any way. But she was mine now, and that fact consumed my thoughts.

Frustrated by their stubbornness, I aimed the gun at Parul. Their names felt foreign on my tongue, but it didn't matter. The fear in Ekansh and Aaradhya's eyes was palpable as I issued a warning, "Act wisely. If you don't listen, you'll lose both Parul and Aaradhya."

Aaradhya's grip tightened on my wrist as she cried out desperately, "apne bache ke baare mein socho..akal lagao yaar. Yeh to mhuje zabrdasti le jayega agar tumhe khuch hogya. Ekansh parul main hath jodti hu, chale jao. Varna bohat bura haal ho sakta hai. Mhuje baad main bacha lena, abhi ke liye jao. Humari sabki jaan khatre main hai.

"Think about your unborn child... use some common sense. He'll forcefully take me if anything happens to you. Ekansh, Parul, I'm begging you, please leave. It'll be terrible otherwise. Try to rescue me later; for now, go. Your lives are at stake, including mine."

I didn't comprehend what she said in her native language, but the urgency in her tone was evident. She repeated, "Go!" This time, her plea was understood by her friend.

However, Ansh, or was it Ekansh, remained rooted to the spot. His defiance irritated me. Just because I was showing restraint didn't mean I couldn't inflict harm when necessary.

With a swift action, I aimed and shot at his left arm. It was a warning, a reminder of the power I held. I had refrained from harming them earlier out of consideration for Aaradhya, but now they had to leave, no exceptions.