Mihawk x Childgn!reader

He's been watching you.

In town, you would either be stealing or taking shelter in anything big enough to cover your body in the dark alleys. Doing anything to survive as you were alone.

He's seen you fighting gang members from the corners, he's seen you getting chased away from the food market, he's seen you sleeping under a cardboard box during the most freezing times.

A hatred for everything in the world, a hatred for everybody was in your eyes. The same eyes he used to have in the past.
.
.
.
.
The sound of an umbrella opening above you made you open your eyes and look up. Seeing a tall man with gold hawk like eyes stare down at you. Pity? You couldn't really tell. It was raining hard and you were taking shelter by the trash cans with the lids being moved to be put above you to block most of the rain falling on you. That didn't mean you weren't wet from the rain. You were soaked, shivering cold. But to you it was just one of those days. You were used to it.

"Come with me."

The man spoke as he took out a pale hand towards you.

You didn't take it. You didn't know if you could trust him or not. What if he was those people who took unwanted children to those miserable nursery buildings?? Not that it happened to you of course, you bit any hand that was pointed towards you and scurried off like some rat. So you glared up at the man and scooted back, careful to not knock over the trash cans down though.

"Either take it and come with me or freeze and get sick here."

The man repeated as his hawklike gaze didn't falter from you.

You looked from his eyes then down to the out stretched hand offer to you and took it. Your hands were much smaller than his. His dwarfed yours. Maybe it was because of malnutrition. You didn't know. You were much smaller than most kids your age.

You didn't even know how old you were. In fact you didn't even know how to count anything above 15.
.
.
.
.
The sound of what was a grown man talking with three other kids was heard from the distance as Mihawk closed the door to the estate and took off his coat and hung it alongside with his umbrella. You just stood there at the door, clutching awkwardly at the edge of the ripped old shirt that you stole from someone's laundry a month ago.

"Yo Hawkeye! Oh and you brought someone else with you?"

A red haired man with scars running down his left eye was seen as he poked his head from the wall connecting you two to the living room. With the follow of three more heads of children.

A boy with messy black hair with a cut under his eye with a straw hat, a boy with short moss green hair, and girl who looked older then the two with bright pink hair set in pigtails holding a teddy bear all poked their heads by the wall to look at you like the red haired guy. They all looked at you and Mihawk with interest.

"Hi I'm Luffy!" The boy with the straw hat practically shouted in joy as he immediately went to you. Probably joyed over the fact of a new friend. While the other kid with green hair was analyzing you then poking your side with a toy sword. While the pinkhead girl who looked like a teenager looked disgusted by what you were wearing. Not cute at all in her opinion!

You started feeling awkward with all this attention. Attention that wasn't with hatred.

Shanks looked at you then back at his friend with a raised eyebrow.

"Maybe one day you'll start a daycare?" He joked with a grin as the dark haired man sighed and face palmed. He was always soft with kids. Or maybe he was just getting old.