Gala Part.2

~|| CHAPTER 16 ||~

Considering the driver was a father figure to the Saxena brothers, all the three couples quietly left the car without uttering a single word. After all of them got off, their driver closed the door of the limousine and went away. To wherever he wanted to. 

Within the confines of the vehicle, the brothers exchanged uncertain glances, grappling with unspoken inquiries. The atmosphere had soured during the journey, a fact that none wished to overshadow the impending gala event.

Yet, amidst the shared unease, Raima and Anaisha stood apart in their responses. Raima, genuinely contrite, wrestled with remorse over her actions, regardless of the recipient. Her gaze flitted anxiously, seeking out Aahana, her trepidation mounting as moments passed with no sign of Rudra Bhai and Aahana.

Anaisha, on the other hand, was busy imagining something. Her thoughts were filled with how nice it would be like to grill Raima Di and Rey. Just imagining something like that, made her feel satisfied.

Even Adhir, typically reserved, harbored concerns for his brother and Aahana. He possessed an intimate understanding of Rudra's temperament, acquainted with his caustic wit, volatile temper, and occasional emotional detachment. He wanted to scream at his wife for her trashy words but then, remembered his oath and remained mum.

Reyansh, unable to endure the tension any longer, addressed the group.

"Guys, I know we are worried. But, us worrying won't bring them back faster. I know Rudra Bhai, he and Aahana Bhabhi will be back before we know it. So, let's go inside."

Everyone hummed and agreed with him. All of them went inside except one. His wife.

She stood there like a statue. Her eyes kept searching for her sister in desperation.

Drawing a deep breath, he approached his wife, waiting patiently for her acknowledgment. Yet, impatience gnawed at him, and within mere moments, his temper flared. Still, he resolved to employ a tactic that had often proven effective with Anaisha.

He hooked his pinky finger with hers and bought it up. He pouted and said, "Pweasee."

If it was someone else, his look would have guaranteed anything. 

But, Anaisha knew better. She simply ripped her finger away from his and stood.

Out of desperation, "Anaisha, please na. Let's go inside. They will come."

"I'm not stopping you. Once I see Aahana Di, I'll go."

"Anaisha, please."

"No."

"Please."

"I said no. Can't you hear me?"

"And can't you hear me?"

"I can which is why I said you go. I'll come when she does."

"Fine, be stubborn."

"Maybe I will."

"I'm going."

"Ok, go."

"I'm serious."

"Ok. Go."