•Chapter 1•

Three years most of them have lived here for,surrounded by the tall,concrete walls that kept them separated from all the danger in the Maze and outside world.

Raya would consider herself one of the lucky ones,being able to run the minacious maze,able to rip away from the noise and chatter of the busy Glade.The way the girl is able to clear her head,adrenaline pumping her veins and for the moment her mind clear from all thoughts.

No more nightmares or petty drama involving the boys.The situation wasn't the greatest and she would never admit this to any of the Gladers but she didn't mind the Glade.The comfort of knowing that after every morning run with Ben,Minho and the other boys she would be met with the same Place.Her home.The only place she can remember...well at least fully.Her friends made life a little more enjoyable in there.

Raya sat against one of the trees on the outskirts of the threatening woods,arms crossed as one of her thin legs was propped up,slightly swaying side to side.Her dirty blond hair still up in a messy ponytail from the run earlier that's she had,running the inside of the of the Glade,now hanging low-slightly to the left.Raya was a runner,often spending most of her days with Minho and Ben out in the Maze,mapping and memorising it.

The scorching hot sun exhausted them after there runs.Minho as the keeper forced his runners every few weeks to have a day off,today was that day for Raya.She watched the Gladers walk past her,her eyes piercing into them.It was obvious she wasn't in the best of moods but why?Some sent their smiles her way which made her still,poker face shift to a small,timid smile.

Her mind kept moving back to her nightmare earlier this morning,

The same shucking nightmare.

The same nightmare that has plagued her mind with memories,memories she still couldn't fully comprehend.It was like every night it would give her just a singular piece of a massive puzzle,a puzzle that would take too long to finish.It frustrated her that it all didn't make sense, causing her to be extremely exhausted and agitated these past few days.

She wiped the beads of sweat from her forehead as she played with the handmade,beautifully carved knife.The intricate design had appealing elements and detail that were made with care.The knife was razor-edged sharp, being able to cut someone with ease.She had laser focus as if to not drop the knife as she threw it up and caught it with precision.

Today was that day.That day, where a new Glader would come from the box and into the Glade.A new person trapped with them,the same person who would have to endure the experience of crippling fear and being unable to remember anything at all.The same feeling that all of them have previously felt,they all had to sympathies and understand that they were once in the Greenies shoes.

"Morning rays" Chuck,a short,pudgy boy with blonde hair.Blue eyes on a flabby,round face had came and sat down next to her.The only one she ever let call her that,ever since the chubby boy came up into the Glade,Raya had grown to love the twelve year old.

The boy came up the Box beyond frightened and Raya was one of the small group of people that he trusted.That he looked up to and felt comfortable around.One of the only he seeked comfort and attention from,maybe because he saw her as a sister-a mother even?

"Morning Chucks" She gave a warm smile towards the youngest Glader.She noticed his jittery body language and the impatient expression on his round face.His wide grin caused Raya to let out a light hearted laugh,
"Some one is excited to meet the new Greenie"

"Oh yeah,", Chuck said with a wide smile,

"and i've been promoted, about that i just want to say thanks you know for like helping me get promoted you didn't have to do tha-" Chuck starts going off on a tangent,