Chapter 1

The voices pounded inside my head. Don't do it. Fight them. Ignore them. Say something. Just walk away. Go back and castrate them. Don't you dare do it. Go they need to be taught a lesson. Stop.

   "Awe, look a the little freak show."Melanie Hanes and her clique of wannabes taunted as they followed me

    I rolled my eyes and continued to walk to my locker. A rush of cold air struck my back and next thing I know my face is up against the lockers. I smell blood.

     My knees gave it and I collapsed. A crowd of laughter erupted behind me. I'm sick of this. This needs to end. Why isn't this over?

      "HEY!" 

      "Oh look it's the emo fag with the flippy hair, aaahhh I'm so scared."

     I stayed where I was. No one was going to bother to check on me or get a teacher or anything. I'd just wait until the bell would ring, I'd get up, and hide in the basement floor bathroom for the last period then leave through the back door and go home.

      "Why don't you just leave her alone, did she do anything to you? No!"

     My nose began to burn a little, and it started to hurt really badly. The pain was indescribable.

     I heard a solid crack, a few people yell various things, and a chorus of screams following it. That lasted for a few minutes. When it got quiet, the bell rang and there went the stampede.

     "Are you ok-oh no you're not.....are you conscious?"

     I stayed quite for several seconds. If I didn't say anything they'd leave me alone.

     "I'm gonna take that as a no."

     Someone's arm went under my legs and behind my back and next thing I know, I wasn't on the ground anymore. It was a few minutes before my back was set against a solid surface.  

     "You need to go to the Principals office young man."

     "I'm staying here with her I don't care."

     "Go before I call security."

     "Why do I need to go?"

     "Ask your bloody lip. Don't pretend like you didn't get in a fight."

     "What do I do when I get there?" 

     "They'll know...trust me."

     They fought for a few more minutes, most of which I ignored.

     A few minutes later, someone touched my nose. I screamed and my eyes snapped open. There was a nurse standing over me. 

      "You have a broken nose, you'll need to go to the hospital. Is there anyone at home that can take you. Mom?"she asked

     "Away on business."I said

     "Dad?"she asked

     "He's dead."I replied

     "Grandparents?"she asked

     "Dead."I knew this wasn't going to go anywhere anytime soon

     "Aunts, Uncles, cousins?"she raised an eyebrow

     "Different country, state, or dead."I smirked

     "Older siblings?"she was losing hope 

      "The one and only."I pointed at myself

     "Do you think you can manage to drive yourself?"she crossed her arms

     "I don't have my license."I shook my head a little

     "You know that boy that was just in here?"

     "Don't even know what he looks like."

     "I'll be right back. Don't move."

     I must have sat there for fifteen minutes before someone got back to me. I had nothing to do but hold in the pain. My nose was driving me absolutely crazy. It felt like it was gonna fall off, but at the same time like it was being shoved into my skull. I was just about ready to get up and walk to the hospital myself.

     That's exactly what I did. I made sure no one was watching, I got up and I walked out.

     The first thing I heard was a scream, and the first thing I saw was a boy running towards me. I couldn't make out to see who it was or what he exactly looked like, my vision was blurry.

     My back hit the lockers and the next thing I know three girls are basically trying to kill me. They were punching, kicking, pulling my hair, everything. There was no was to stop them, they had me trapped.

     Slowly, it seemed like they either began to stop or they just went away.

     Oh thank god this was the last day before spring break....

     "I'm not even gonna take you to the hospital......."someone mumbled and I felt myself being lifted up again 

     I refused to open my eyes. I was either being taken back into the nurses office or it was a jock ready to throw me in the dumpster.

     "TOBY!"

     "YEAH?"

     "HELP ME!"

     Oh just great. Not just one. Two. Two jocks were gonna throw me in the dumpster.

     Instead of hearing the banging of metal, I heard a car start. 

     Even better! They were going to throw me into a ditch!

     I ignored everything they said. I didn't need to hear it and it was probably going to make me want to die more than I already do.

     The car stopped the longest it has since it started, I heard two doors slam, and someone picked me up again.

     Instead of being dropped into dirt, there was a door opened and shut.  

     "Mom!" 

     "Whoa what the hell happened?" 

     "Where's mom?"

     "What happened?"

     "She was attacked."

      "By...?"

     "A group of girls. Twice." 

     "Why is your lip busted open and why do you have a black eye starting to form?"

     "I'll tell you why later. She needs help."

     "Set her down on the floor."

     For minutes I was just laying on someone's floor. I don't know who took me or where I was.

     I was honestly scared for my life. I didn't know where I was, I didn't know who I was around, I didn't know anything.

     "This is gonna sound really weird but take her clothes off."

     "WHAT?"

     "Take her shirt, her pants, her sweater, and her shoes off. 

     I'm going to get some rubbing alcohol and bandages. Just cover her with a towel."

     "That makes me uncomfortable..."

     "Connor!"

     "What?" 

     "Do what I told your brother to do. I'll be back in ten minutes."

     Someone began to unbutton my pants.

     "Don't touch me."I said

     "I'm not a pervert calm down. I'm only trying to help you."