Chapter 8

There was a deep sense of uneasiness that hit you as you stagger into his room. You turn around.

His face is flat and pale. The distress and humiliation the guy is currently feeling made his throat clench. He was frozen in silence. It's his room. Then he damns Gojo once more for situating you next door.

Fushiguro Megumi wasn't someone you knew all too well. You met him on a few occasions throughout your time as a student; mostly at the exchange events that were held annually. He was quite the reticent person. Very quiet and reserved. Yet beyond his silence he still held a very strong personality. Anytime the guy did speak, he projected a real sense of self-confidence and assurance without coming across as arrogant or dismissive. Self-confidence is about knowing yourself and trusting yourself to rise to challenges to deal with difficult situations. And they were all things you had noticed during the few interactions you had with the raven-hair. They say the most dangerous person is the one who listens, thinks and observes. And that is everything Megumi embodied. Megumi's personality made him very mysterious. And you found it quite unusual that he kept everyone at arms reach, including his most trusted people. But his closest comrades (who also did not know him much more than anyone else) still vouch for him till this day; that he's a very good and very trustworthy person. So to think that he could or even would consider doing something like this, really struck you in the most surprising way (thankfully, it's just all a misunderstanding waiting to unravel).

"H-hey!" You throw your hands up in front of you. There's an obvious plea etched in your voice, "I'm sorry! I was just kidding! I promise I won't tease you anymore!"

Megumi went cold at the thought of what you might be thinking. He normally wouldn't rectify trivial matters but this is something he could not let slide. Especially if the two of you were about to venture out together, for god knows how long.

"Don't take this the wrong way." He says as he reaches for you. The guy wanted to kick you back out into the hallway, but he really should explain himself better. Because his words could be misinterpreted here.

With a loud gasp, you jump backwards to evade his approaching hand. Is he really not going to accept your apology? You don't want to be punished—by a pervert. Your mind swarms with a myriad of possibilities that make your stomach churn.

Megumi draws back. He groans internally. This really didn't need to be that difficult, "Hey—"

You cut him off, "I said, sorry!!"

"I know. Just—"

Your spiraling anxiety gets the best of you. You cut him off again and you're practically running circles to avoid him. Your assumptions make things worse, "I'm not ready for this! Usually, I like to go on a date first or something!!!"

"That's not what I meant...." Megumi's face tightens at the thought. He burns with immense embarrassment. You've got it completely wrong. He had to figure out a way to resolve this before it escalates further, "Will you—"

You continue to assume, so you blurt without hearing him out, "No I won't!!"

Megumi makes a face it's almost a grimace. It didn't help that you kept avoiding him either. He really didn't want to resort to this, but you left him no choice. Once you got close enough, he lunges forward. You bend away and he stumbles. You grab a book off his shelf and hurl it at him. You miss. But the second one hits him—right on the head. After a few flying objects, his overly neat room is a mess.

The guy just wanted to explain, there's a bit of angry desperation in his tone, "Please, just—"

"No!!"

It's a lucky grab. But your forceful yank causes you both to lose balance. He falls—bringing you down with him. Then he pins you against the floorboard.