Retry Chapter 10

-K-I-A-N- -L-O- -V-E-R-D-E-

I leave Valencia there, bruised and battered by who knows. My blood boil just knowing someone did that's to her. But I left her. She wanted me to leave so I left her alone.

"Dio. I'm such an idiot." I mumble to myself angrily.

I should've stayed even when she asked me to leave, but no that's not what I did. Left her, fucking left her.

I walk back to my room, cursing at myself the whole way. I make my way to the end of the fifth floor and slam my door open before it closes behind me. I sit down on my bed, resting my elbows on my knees and rubbing my forehead with my hands.

(His room)

How can I mess up such a simple thing as comforting someone. Am I really that type of man? Am I a monster? I think to myself.

I need to do something. I need her. I run my fingers through my hair before standing up and sighing. I grab my phone before getting ready for a shower and text Theon.

Kian: Get reservations for Rustico Italiano.

Theon: Why?

Kian: Just do what I fucking say.

Theon: Ok, jeez.

I put my phone down on the bed next to me and sigh. This is the only way I can think of to get her back. I need her back.

I get up and take a shower, letting the water wash away my worries but it doesn't seem to work. I need everything perfect for tomorrow. Thoughts run through my head about the things I need to do and what's the worse thing that could happen. I get out of the shower and tie a towel around my waist before changing in my closet.

I try to fall asleep but nothing works as I become more and more paranoid about tomorrow.

~ The Next Day ~

I wake sharp at six after a not so good night of rest. I take out my suit and get ready for the day before going to my office. Before I do, I go to see Valencia. I knock on the door lightly but all I hear is a stir of blankets which I assume is her asleep. I creep through the door and see her sleeping. Her hair is a perfect mess on her pillow and the blankets are draped over and around like she's a goddess, because she is. I walk over to her bed side and look down at her. She looks so peaceful and happy while sleeping. I wish I could make her feel that way when she's awake. I tick my jaw at the thoughts and kiss her on her bruised cheek lightly before walking out.

When I get to my office, I already see Theon at his desk across from Alastor's. I sit at my desk and immediately start asking questions.

"Did you make the reservation? Is everything set up?" I ask, on the edge of my seat.