Chapter 9: Vacuo Defense

You and Yang are with a group of Huntsmen fighting a horde of Grimm heading for Vacuo.

"These things never give up!"

Yang: "Well, neither do we!"

You attached the blades of Solar Redemption to your motorcycle and drove at full speed to cut through several Grimm. Yang drove as well and fired Ember Celica at the Grimm. The other Huntsmen fire explosives at the horde, eliminating a decent portion of it.

You then put your blade together and jumped up before throwing it at the ground and using the dust inside it to cause an explosion and kill more Grimm.

Yang: "Is that all of them?"

The ground began to rumble and you knew what it meant.

"I don't think so."

A giant Grimm with several tendrils emerged from the sand and started attacking. The Huntsmen dodge and start firing at it while you and Yang charged at it and started making your way to the Grimm's head.

Yang fired multiple bombs at the tendrils and you started slicing them when they try to hit you. You reached the top and jumped as Yang detonated the charges she fired into the Grimm's head and you sliced it in half.

You and Yang landed on the ground and the Huntsmen cheered for you. Everyone returns to Vacuo and went to a bar to celebrate, as you and Yang grabbed your drinks and went up to the roof and look at the city of Vacuo.

"It's nice to be here on better terms than before. I'm glad I could talk to the others and more or less manage to bury the hatchet."

Yang: "Hey, sometimes that's all that matters when it comes to making it up to people. You've been trying hard to fix things."

"Yeah. I don't have to go back in time to undo my mistakes. Even if there are some I can't fix, I have to try."

Yang: "Yeah. Take responsibility and try instead of blaming others around you. How some of us learn it the hard way."

"Well, we learned our lesson nonetheless. How's the rest of Team RWBY doing?"

Yang: "They're doing great. Weiss is helping with the rebuilding of Mantle, Blake is aiding her father in his Faunus rights movement, and Ruby is helping others find their way."

"You also found your path."

Yang: "So have you."

Yang held your left hand as you looked at her and smiled.