𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

The next few weeks flew by

The next few weeks flew by. Kira became increasingly immobile and, on the advice of her gynecologist, she spent most of her time in bed resting. Kira's due date was just one day away. Kira's parents supported both of them as best they could. Liam and Lucy spent every spare minute together and were inseparable. However, no one knew whether they were together or not. While Alicja and Klemenz were out shopping, Kinga and her boyfriend were out shopping and Liam was exploring LA and waiting for Lucy to get off shift. Kira and Tim were home alone. Tim was tidying up the kitchen when he heard Kira calling. "Tim, I need you!" could be heard calling from the bedroom. "Coming," called Tim. "Can you help me, I need to go pee" "Yes, come here" Tim took Kira's hands and pulled her up slightly so that she was sitting on the edge of the bed. "Okay, come up to the count of three. 1,2,3" Now Kira was standing in front of the bed. "Can you come with me?" "Sure." As Kira and Tim slowly walked to the bathroom, Kira suddenly realized that something wet was running down her leg. "Uh Tim" "Kira we would have been right there, you really couldn't take it anymore" Kira slapped Tim against the chest and tensed up "Oh fuck" "Hey, are you OK?" Tim asked, a little more panicked now. "My water broke," said Kira, and Tim's eyes widened. "What do we do now?" "Tim, you're fucking serious, get the bag and get the car ready, and then please call my mom" "Okay, okay" Kira took a deep breath. The contraction had just stopped, and she put on a new pair of pants and slowly walked to the car, where Tim was already waiting, and helped Kira get in. "Your mom is meeting us at the hospital." "Thanks." During the car ride, contractions came at shorter and shorter intervals. Tim turned in the direction of the hospital, where Kira's mother was already waiting. Kira and her mom went in, and Tim parked the car and followed with their things. 

Kira was taken to a room where she was connected up. The twins' heartbeats could be heard and the child's movements could be recognized. Further examinations revealed that Kira's cervix was already 6 cm open. Nevertheless, it could still take several hours before it is 10 cm open and the twins are born. Alicja updates the family from time to time, but nothing has happened for a while now. Tim stayed by Kira's side the whole time while she tried to sleep. However, her sleep was repeatedly interrupted by contractions, which became stronger and stronger. "Would you like an epidural?" asked the nurse who had just come into Kira's room to check her vitals.