𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

The rest of the week passed without much excitement for the rookies and their T

The rest of the week passed without much excitement for the rookies and their T.O.s. There were minor crimes here and there, but no major incidents. Tim still had 2 weeks until he went on parental leave, and he prayed that the two weeks would be as quiet as this. Lucy did well, but still had a lot to learn. The other rookies also made progress.

Lucy and Tim were on patrol when Sergeant Grey called over the radio. "Officer Bradford, please come back to the station, there's an emergency." Tim's mind was racing, what has happened, was it Kira, Genny, Isabel? 

A few days ago, it turned out that Isabel had been in LA the whole time. The same day Tim saw Isabel, she was arrested for drug possession and dealing. Sergeants and detectives thought about what to do with Isabel. Everyone knew if Isabel went to jail, she wouldn't survive. After much deliberation, the detectives decided to wire Isabel to catch the gang. Of course, Isabel wasn't happy about it, but the idea of prison put her off. When Tim told Kira what the detectives were planning to do with Isabel, she understood and knew it was for the best. Tim understood Kira's reaction but had expected a little more emotion. When he asked Kira how she thought it would end, she said without much emotion: "Of course, I hope it ends well, but we also have to remember that it could end with a shot to the head."

When Tim arrived at the station, Grey sent Lucy straight to the front to work front desk. Tim stepped into Sergeant Grey's office. "Who's this about?" Tim asked in a shaky voice. "Isabel," Grey said in a calm voice. "What happened?" Tim asked and sat down. "Bishop found Isabel shot in the head in a dumpster. She's barely alive and currently in surgery. I know she was a good friend and didn't deserve a-" Sgt. Grey didn't get any further, Tim interrupted and said "She was more than a friend, family" and put his head in his hands.

Now Angela came in and put a hand on Tim's shoulder. "I knew it was a mistake, "said Tim.
"Nothing you could've done to stop it." "I could've blown the operation early before she went in." "No, and you know that everything was agreed, including all the risks, and you know what she did to us and Kira." "It has nothing to do with us or Kira, we should just have taken more care of Isabel." "Tim, she's a grown woman, she's responsible for herself, and you know she never talked to us about how she felt!" Tim watched her with a puzzled look, Angela noticed the look, but before she could say anything, Kira came in. "Hey, I heard what happened." Tim, who was resting his face on his hands, didn't even notice his girlfriend's appearance. Kira looked back and forth between Angela and Sergeant Grey and had a questioning look on her face. All four of them looked up when suddenly someone knocked at the office. "We've got something," said one of the detectives, interrupting the silence. Tim stood up and stormed out of the office into the briefing room. Angela was the last to arrive with Kira and heard what the detectives were saying.

 Angela was the last to arrive with Kira and heard what the detectives were saying