Keefe POV

As the branch cracked, Keefe's face fell as fast as he did "No!" He thought. He was so close! The last thing Keefe remembered was the ground rushing up to meet him.

When Keefe woke up, it was nighttime. The strange roars and wails of unknown creatures filled the chilly night air, Keefe tried to get up but was ultimately forced back down by the dizzying head rush that blacked out the world.

Keefe groaned and all his muscles ached, Keefe tried once more and stood up, then accessed himself, checking for broken bones. None, Keefe hadn't thought this far into his plan though. He thought he would find Foster and be back before the end of the day! He never thought about what he would do at night! Keefe stood there for what seemed like ages, ultimately deciding that he needed to keep moving, he didn't want to meet those creatures that made those horrible sounds. He wished he had Giganator at his side.

Keefe wandered around for hours, aimlessly wandering around the thick undergrowth. Because what was the point? He was never going to find Foster, it was a dumb idea to think that he could, and he probably should- His mental moping was abruptly interrupted by a sound. But not just any sound, footsteps. "Foster?" he called into the darkness, Nothing.

But the footsteps were becoming quieter and quieter, like the person or thing who was making the sound was getting further and further away. Not wanting to lose this big of a lead, Keefe followed the sound, left, right, right, hard left. He followed the mystery person for minutes in silence until Keefe saw a clearing coming up and hid behind a tree. The silence was only broken by voices talking, wait no, arguing. WAIT! Familiar voices, Keefe strained his ears, trying to hear their conversation. He could only make out one word.

...

...

...

"Blondie......"

Author's note: Evil Cliffhanger >:D I will update in the future, maybe one POV per week or something. Anyway thanks for reading! Hoped you enjoyed! :)