Fitz POV

During the chaos, everything came to a painful standstill. Sandor's once great sword clattered to the ground, and Keefe remained suspended mid lunge for his mother. Inside the glass dome, sounds erupted from everyone. Shouts, wails, and the deafening sound of Fitz's heart pounding in his ears. Sandor's sword, once a symbol of his dedication to protect, now hung uselessly at his side.

Fitz's thoughts raced, desperately attempting to understand and process the events unfolding before him. The very existence of Elysian was nothing short of amazing, and her ability to command and halt their powers effortlessly, was, unnaturally powerful. Leaving him feeling weak and vulnerable. However, his fear quickly gave way to a wave of simmering anger, "How dare she attack my friends like that?!" he thought angrily. He heard a voice demanding answers, a familiar one, and was surprised to realise it was his own. A piercing scream, followed by a deafening crash, shattered the eerie silence.

Dread coursed through Fitz's veins as the realisation dawned on him. Sophie. He had to find Sophie, and he knew there was no way he wasn't going to save her, but had no idea how. His eyes darted around the shattered dome, desperately seeking a glimpse of his friend. The suffocating silence that followed was broken only by a feeble "SOPHIE" from Keefe.

Despite the undescribable grip that Elysian's power had on him, Fitz's hatred blazed even brighter than the sun. He refused to allow the paralysing fear to overcome him, to wash over and weaken, to destroy and plague him. At that moment, Fitz made a vow to take down the Neverseen once and for all, even if that meant he had to get rid of them. The rebel group had rampaged the Lost Cities for far too long. It was the only course of action to secure the safety of his friends and family, and Sophie.

"Are you guys alright??" Fitz cast a concerned glance over his friends, ensuring they were unharmed. When variations of "Yep, all good" relief washed over him, but as his gaze quickly wandered to what he was trying so hard to ignore, Vespera's lifeless, gruesome form, he had to fight to maintain his focus. Even though he tried his hardest, his mind kept fixating on the recent memory of the explosion, Vespera taking the shape of the blast. He shook his head until the thoughts vanished.

Fitz's attention shifted yet again, this time, to Elysian, the seemingly magical figure who had, against their will, pulled him and his friends into this whole mess. He strained to catch a glimpse of her face but each time was met with frustration, Elysian's face was always obscured in shadow and darkness. Suddenly, a huge BANG shattered the eerie quiet, and Elysian's body language betrayed her surprise and concern. A shout echoed through the empty dome, "SWAN SONG! IT'S TIME TO GO!" :O

The dome erupted into panic, yells, shouts and cries echoed through the dome. The leaders of the Black Swan, Mr Forkle, Wraith, Blur, and Squall, descended from ropes, strained from a concealed point in the dome's ceiling. "Grab my arm!" instructed Mr. Forkle as he swooped down and secured Keefe, while Wraith and the others hurried to rescue Fitz's friends. In a sudden rush of wind, Fitz turned to witness Blur swinging on a rope with the agility of Tarzan, a funny human concept that Sophie had shared with him. He had laughed so much when she told him. But there was something wrong in their shared expressions, sensing that something was slightly wrong in Blur's rapid approach.

Fitz's last memory was of Blur hurtling toward him, and then a sharp, searing pain.