Chapter 43. Sharad's request

'Hi!', Shrishti blurted out and Arpit let out a shout. He turned around clutching his chest. She giggled.

'What are you doing here?', he asked, looking spooked.

She pouted playfully. 'What? No good morning or hello, how are you? I am hurt.'

Arpit rolled his eyes. 'Hello? How are you? I am fine. Thank you.', he deadpanned.

She chuckled. 'What are you doing?' She asked as she looked at him standing next to his cycle. He gave his cycle a look and then he looked at her with a bright smile. 'This is my car! I am going to office!'

Now it was her turn to roll her eyes.

'What do you think I am doing, Pari? Its Monday! I am going to college.'

'But don't you normally go with me in the car?'

'Yes, but I want to cycle. I miss going to college on cycle.'

'Fine. Then I will come with you too.'

'What? No way!', he looked at her unamused. 'Don't you remember Saturday? You fell down on the highway!'

'That was because of that jerk who drove wrong.', she cried out before pouting. 'Come on. Let me come with you. Please. If you can go to school on cycle, then why can't I? Please!'

He sighed. 'Fine. Lets go. But remember it is long distance. Almost half an hour of non stop cycling. Will you be able to do it?'

'I don't know. But I want to try and see.'

'Ok. Get your cycle out. Lets go. We will be late if we delayed it any longer!'

Half an hour later, Arpit winced as Shrishti wailed loudly. 'Aayiiiii! Ouch! It pains!'

He chuckled and got a glare from her as they parked their cycles.

'My thighs are burning.', she wailed as bent her knees slightly while trying to walk. He burst out laughing at that.

Then suddenly, he pointed towards something and she turned to see a bus come to stop at the bus stop opposite the college and in one of the window seats sat Raghav. They waved at him and he waved back. His course began today and his college was two bus stops away from their college. The bus left and Shrishti sighed.

'Maybe I should also come to college by bus.', she mused, looking at the bus, not realising that she blurted it out loudly.

'Oh man! Don't tell me you are still hung up on Sharad!', came an annoying voice and she rolled her eyes. She turned to see Pratik parking his bike nearby.

'How is the bus connected to Sharad?', Arpit asked.

Pratik scoffed. 'Don't you know? Sharad comes to college in the bus.'

Shrishti remained silent. She knew that. She also knew that Lekha also came to college on bus and that was another thing Sharad and Lekha bonded on, even though both came from different directions, so they travelled in different buses.

'Well.... She did not want to go on bus for your beloved Sharad.', Arpit retorted. 'She wanted it because....', he trailed off as Shrishti grabbed his arm. She gave Pratik a glare. 'It is none of your business, why I want to go on the bus.'

She turned and looked at Arpit with sternness. 'Who is he that we are giving him a justification? He is nobody important! Lets go!' He sighed and nodded. She winced as she began to walk and he right away grabbed her left elbow to support her while he walked on her left side. As she limped to the gate, suddenly she stumbled, falling to the right side. Despite Arpit's hand holding her left arm, she still swayed to the other side and closed her eyes, sure she would reach the floor and even drag Arpit with her. But the floor never met her as she fell into someone.