CXC

Part 190

Everything was swirling inside her head, and all she could think of were his lips and his kisses, and his hand on the hollow of her neck. Robin heaved a breath, biting inside her cheek in an attempt to collect her senses. But his weight above her was adding more to her breathlessness, and the compression and his warmth were both (oddly) comforting and electrifying.

She couldn't wrap her mind around it. But Robin couldn't care less.

Especially when Mikey softly brushed his thumb along her lip, making her breathe twice. The thumping in her chest was rising to her head. The beating was so loud, it's ringing in her ears. It's making her dizzy. And Mikey was looming above her. She blinked with her lips slightly apart, looking so drunk in his sight.

And him, looking at her so softly as if his eyes were touching every inch of skin on her face. Looking so so in love. Like she's the only one he could ever see, she's the only one that ever matters, she's the sun and all he could ever be is a speck of dust longing for her light. How could it seem that way?

Tinitingnan lang naman siya ni Mikey. Tinititigan. Pero bakit gano'n? She couldn't understand how a simple look could mean so much. His eyes were slowly gazing through every corner of her face as if he was trying immortalize her in his mind at the very instant. Robin at thirty-one, seemingly breathless underneath him with her dark hair sprawled all over the pillow. In her green dress perfectly complementing her cheeks in a deeper shade of crimson and lips plump and rosy—apart, as if she was also waiting for him to seal her with another kiss.

No. Hindi as if. She was truly waiting for it which was evident by how she grips on his arm.

His scent filling her senses wasn't helping either.

"Love . . ." she called. She's so so dizzy.

Mikey smiled. His thumb left her lips but it was then replaced by something soft and chaste and quick.

He smiled in between the kiss. "Say that again."

"Hmm?"

"Say that again. Call me that again."

"Love?" she said and he gave her another kiss, catching the words in his lips one more time.

"Remember, okay? My kisses are always yours."

"Okay."

"Promise." He pressed another kiss on her lips. "Only yours. Reserved for you only. Robin lang."

She chewed inside her cheek again, a bit harder this time when the warmth on her cheek traveled up to her eyes and Mikey suddenly became blurry.

She nodded. Hindi na rin mahanap ni Robin ang boses niya.

She's heard a thousand promises that could last her a lifetime already.

Promise, hintayin mo lang matapos promotion namin ipapakilala na kita.

Promise, next time sabay na tayo pauwi.

Promise, sa susunod p'wede mo na ako yakapin.

Promise, hindi naman kita gustong itago.