CLXXXVI

EXT. POOL AREA - AFTERNOON

3:01 p.m.

Mikey
Yes, I have exes. Three in total. Two when I was in high school and super strict ng parents namin on both sides so there were really no kind of dates happening there. Mom loosened up when I was in college and she didn't care much where I take my ex on dates. Minor lang daw kasi ako no'ng high school kaya mahigpit siya.

Kachi
And then?

Mikey
Then I used to take my last ex to dinner dates and short trips. I remember before ayun 'yong time na super puno ng sched namin because of college and I also have projects on the side kaya the only date we could do are dinners and quick trips kapag bakasyon.

When we finished college, she went to Laguna for work kaya at some point, naging long distance kami kasi I also have to travel around kasi iba-iba naman ng locations 'yong need puntahan para sa projects.

Kachi
I see.

Mikey shrugged.

Mikey
Ayun, at some point our relationship became long distance and somehow mas nag-focus kami doon sa work. Whenever she asks if I'd like for us to meet, may times na conflict 'yong sched namin or I'm too sleep-deprived kasi 4 am na natapos 'yong shoot kahit I'm free the next day. She'd be the one to make the extra effort for me and I don't blame her for getting tired of it.

I know we were both busy and I was working too much kasi I didn't want to live off my parents's money. I want to have my own and establish a name for myself kaya I really worked hard.

Kali
Hala, Mikey?
I was just asking if you took them on dates . . .

Mikey
I know. Gusto ko lang din i-share. It's also a regret on my part. I wish I had treated her better kasi she also deserved it. I wish I exerted more effort. Pero I guess wala na rin akong magagawa do'n. I just hope she finally found someone who'd make her happy and treat her better than I did.

'Yong what ifs ko before with my ex became lessons learned. When I met Robin, I told myself na I'm going to try my best to do everything right this time kasi I really want us to work. So even if you think I seem clueless ngayon sa pag-iisip ng date, that's because I never really went all out before. Okay na 'yong dinner dates and vacation trips. That's everything I knew before. I get to treat her, pay for her, help her out. Ayun lang alam ko. And yes, maybe I'm really clueless.

But I'm willing to learn for Robin. Kahit mag-start pa tayo from scratch.

Kachi
Talaga?

Mikey
Yes. Talaga.
For Robin I am more than willing.

Kachi
Okay.
Sorry.

Mikey
Why are you apologizing?

Kachi
Kasi na-offend ata kita kanina.
I didn't mean to. Kaya sorry.

Mikey
It's okay.
No offense taken.

Kachi
Step one, you have to know we're sentimental.

Mikey
In terms of?

Kachi was about to answer when her phone pinged and she immediately read the message on her watch.

Kachi
They're looking for us na.
Let's go.

Mikey
Can we pick this up later?

Kachi
Sure!

[Messenger]

Karina Chanel Garcia

4:09 p.m.

Kachi
I'm going to type it out here na lang so you won't forget.

Mikey
Okay. Thanks, Kachi!

Kachi
We're sentimental. We take note and remember the things na prefer niyo. Even the things you don't like, we take note of that. We take note of your favorites like colors, food, drink, movie, kahit saan gusto ninyong puwesto sa car during long drives or ilang unan kailangan ninyo while sleeping, iniisip namin yun palagi. We take note of places special for you and special for the both of us. Like yung sa inyo ni Ate Robin sa kubo, I'm sure that place is very special for her kasi dun kayo naging official. You have to take note of every details you have there kasi we like preserving memories na super special. Which also includes yung date.

Gets?

Mikey
Yup.
I get it.

Kachi
Later yung second one ang hirap mag type while walking

Mikey
Okay, okay.

Kachi
Haaaay you're gonna treat me some king crabs after this

Mikey
Okay, sure.

Kachi
REALLY?!

Mikey
Yes.

Kachi
OKAY!!!