- ♤ CHAPTER SEVEN : BITCH WITH THE BARTENDER ♤ -

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                          ♠ ♥ ♠
                    – ♠ HUSK'S POINT OF VIEW ♠ –

I stood at the bar, cleaning shot glasses and drinking a bottle of whiskey—exactly what I had been doing all day. I had been searching for a bartender for the past week, and I still had nobody. So I guessed now it was my job. Shitty staff...

"Hey, Husky..." I groaned, rolling my eyes. Shitty staff. Angel sat down at a bar in front of me and fluttered his eyelashes as he leaned towards me, trying to flirt. I just turned away from him and towards the bottles of alcohol on the shelf.

"What do you need? Aren't you supposed to be doing your job anyways, Legs?" I muttered to him as I fixed a strong fruity cocktail for him, which is what he normally wanted. He smiled as I slid the drink towards him, winking at me. I felt my face flush. What the fuck? I turned around, trying to cover it. It was probably all the alcohol getting to me...

"Thanks, baby. And—" His voice stopped with a small laugh. He looked down at the carpet floor, giggling softly. I glared at him. What was he doing? I rolled my eyes. He sipped from his drink and exhaled deeply, his expression turning to a small smirk. "Sorry 'bout last night, I just... I was interested. And I had nothin' better to do, and... Sorry." He shifted in the barstool he sat in. I sighed and turned to him, placing a bottle of expensive vodka on the table in front of him. He looked up at me, his eyebrow raised.

"Forget it," I replied. "I really don't care. At all." I took a sip from the vodka, and Angel grinned. He began laughing again. I narrowed my eyes at him, and shrugged off his reaction. "Just next time you're 'interested', don't sneak into my fuckin' room at two in the mornin'." Angel nodded.

"Got it," he whispered back. He kept staring at my face. I tried not to make eye contact with him, and instead turned to the poker game being played in front of me. The casino was less crowded now, with only a few visitors, most of them being people who stayed in the hotel. I sighed, and noticed Angel holding out his hand. I just stared at it for a moment. I don't know if it was because I was drunk as shit or if I was just fucking stupid, but I didn't realize what he was implying—to hold his hand. So I just awkwardly stepped away, fixing another drink for customers coming back for more drinks. Angel frowned, turning away. God, I was an idiot...

I handed the other demons their shots, which they downed in seconds, and walked out of the casino. Niffty ran down the stars, holding her duster and dagger, chasing a bug down the clear stairs. I turned to Angel, who was still frowning. He was wearing his uniform now, and in all honesty, I thought he looked really handsome. I shook the thought away, and took a sip from the vodka. I pushed it towards Angel, not looking at him. He glanced at it, then looked up at me, and smiled. He sipped from the vodka, and grinned.

"Val won't stop—" As soon as Angel began, he was cut off by a buzz from his phone. He groaned, and didn't bother to look at it. I stared at him. "He won't stop calling," he complained, leaning his head on the bar. "I've got, like, seventy-nine voicemails from him, fifty-six missed calls and... Wait..." He checked his phone and nodded. "Yeah, one hundred sixty-two missed texts. I fuckin' hate him..."

I nodded, cleaning a glass with a cloth to avoid making eye contact. "Val's a bitch," I whispered. "A fuckin' blind bitch..." Angel stifled his laughter and nodded, grinning. I smirked at him, and grabbed the bottle of vodka from him. Niffty stared at us from a far, her one eye wide. I glared at her, and she went back to cleaning. I smiled softly. "Seriously, he can't see for shit."

"Literally!" Angel exclaimed through laughter. "He tried to impress me once with, like, ten hundred dollar bills, and it took him over an hour to count them!" He slammed his fist on the bar table, grabbing the bottle from me and taking a sip. "Fuckin' idiot, dude!"

"Yeah..." I said and smiled at him. I held out my hand just like Angel had, and he took it. I didn't expect that. My face flushed and I covered it by drinking from the vodka. After I finished, Angel took a drink from it. He sighed, and turned to face me.

"Ya ain't pissed? About me sneakin' in ya room?" Angel asked, leaning his head on his hand as he smirked. "I figured ya'd try to kill me."

"No," I muttered. "I can't be mad at you."

Angel giggled and tilted his head. "Why?"

I sighed and shook my head. I started cleaning off more of the glasses to avoid looking at him. I grumbled softly, my ears pinned. "Because your stupid face just happens to be one that I like."

Angel's eye widened. He smirked, leaning in towards me. "You think I'm pretty, Kitty?"

"Shut the fuck up." I sighed, pushing the glass away and looking at Angel. "I meant that in the sense that... that you're not a horrible employee. And, I mean, yeah, you're... you're pretty." What the Hell was I saying? I silently shamed myself and looked down. Angel was just smirking, his lower right hand on his hip. He pulled his hand away, and leaned away from my face.

"How much have you had to drink, Husky?"

I shrugged. "Two bottles of whiskey, I think? And vodka." I tried to drink from bottle in front of me, but Angel grabbed it. He was laughing uncontrollably. I glared at him.

"You probably need to rest, baby," he snickered. He took the bottle of vodka and drank from it. "We'll stop by the snack bar and get ya some water and somethin' to eat, 'kay, Husk?" I rolled my eyes.

"I'm fine, I can handle my alcohol, trust me." Angel shook his head. "Angel Dust, I—" He reached his hand to my head and started scratching me behind the ears. My eyes went wide, and I glared at Angel. "Oh, fuck you, perra."

Angel grinned. "C'mon." I followed him out of the bar and towards the front doors to lock them. Niffty ran up the stairs and into her room, while me and Angel stopped at the snack bar. We got three bottles of water, and a bag of chips. Angel walked me to my room, and sat down on the bed with me.

"Thanks," I whispered. Angel nodded, smirking. "Uh... You can go to your own room now."

"Nope." Angel pet my head teasingly. I growled at him, and he just laughed.

"Yes." I pushed his hand away. "Go, whorebug."

"Nope." He scratched under my chin again. I exhaled deeply.

"I hate you."

"I know."

Before long, we had both fallen asleep.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                           ♠ ♥ ♠

[ Over three hundred reads! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I never really thought that people would enjoy my writing very much, so I'm very surprised with all of the interaction! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I tried to make it more romantic because that's what most people want when reading a romance fic, but my favorite thing about Husk and Angel is their slowburn romance. Anyways, if you guys have any ideas for the story or what you want to see, feel free to tell me! Thank you! ]

[ ONE THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED EIGHTY-NINE ]
[ WORDS ]