Chapter 1

"Please, Jess they aren't even our league I mean Phillips is all for you why won't you go out with him" My friend Mackenzie said.

"Oh who cares all Phillips is looking for is some girl to use I want a genuine relationship and so what I mean is I see the way Yeah Yeah looks at you" I said. She rolled her eyes.

"Yeah whatever I mean I see you look at Benny like that so don't tease me" she said and I laughed.

"Well I'm going to say hi" I said clutching my books closer to me.

"Your crazy" she said and I turned and smiled at her. I walked over and soon they all looked at me.

"Hi guys" I smiled swinging my ponytail to the other side.

"H-hi Jess" some of them managed.

"Are you guys excited for summer break?" I asked.

"Well seeing how it's happening in about five minutes yah" Ham said.

"What are you guys going to do this summer?" I asked.

"Baseball" they all answered as if it was obvious.

"Cool I was thinking about life guarding but I don't think I'm going to" I said.

"Why not?" Benny asked leaning against the lockers.

"Well it's not really my thing plus all the guys that come just because they know your gonna be there in your bathing suit" I said and Squints blushed.

"Do you think I could maybe play some baseball with you guys this summer?" I asked. Benny smiled at me and I started to blush.

"Girls can't play baseball" Ham snorted.

"You sure about that?" I asked.

"Positive"

"Well I guess you will just have to see this summer" I smirked. Benny was smiling at how I was able to handle the boys.

"Well good luck finding us" Ham smiled as if he outsmarted me.

"Don't worry I mean its not like Benny is my neighbor or anything" I said sarcastically and Benny chuckled as Ham no longer won this fight.

"Give her a chance guys" Benny said walking to stand next to me.

"You never know she might be as good as she lets on" he said nudging my side and smiled.

"Fine we will find out tonight then" he said and I nodded.

"You know where I'm at pick me up whenever" I said as I turned to Benny. He flushed a giant red and I turned around walking away just as the bell rang to let us out of school. As I was walking out I heard someone yell my name. I turned and saw Benny.

"I will pick you up in an hour!" He yelled and I nodded running home. Once I got home I pulled out my jean shorts and a white spaghetti strap top. I put those on then a blue and red plaid shirt over unbuttoned and tied on my red converse and I left my long brown hair in a ponytail. I looked at the time and he would be here any second. I ran downstairs and opened the door to see him just about to knock. He smiled at me and my new appearance I could finally have a reason to go out in public without a skirt. He looked deep into my hazel eyes as I looked back into his brown ones.

"I'm going out mom I will be back!" I yelled grabbing my mitt and shutting the door.

"Are you sure you got this?" He asked as we walked.

"Well I'm not doing it to be embarrassed or anything so what do you think" I smirked and he chuckled.

"Okay because you have first bat so be prepared" he said looking back to the road from me.

"When am I not" I said and he smiled. We reached the sandlot and Ham immediately made fun of me.

"So your gonna play like a girl" he asked with a smirk and I grabbed the bat.

"I don't know you tell me" I said walking to home. He squatted down behind me and got cocky and prepared himself for a strike.

"Hope your not worried about getting dirt on your skirt" he said. I sighed and turned and looked at him.

"I'm not wearing a skirt now are we gonna play ball or not" I said and he groaned. Kenny got ready and pitched the ball towards me. I moved my feet as I knew how and swung the bat hitting the ball all the way past Smalls. I ran the bases as the boys scrambled to get it to me. As I was in between home and third they got the ball and I ran back and forth until they threw it to third and I had an open shot to run to home.

"HOME RUN?!" Ham yelled sorta as a question. I smiled and walked towards him.

"So did I play like a girl?" I asked. All the boys shook their heads vigorously and I smiled proud.

"Do you want to make ten?" Benny asked and I gave him a confused look.

"Our tenth player?" He said. I smiled at him.

"Why not" I bit my lip and turned around walking away.

"Where are you going?" Timmy asked.

"I'm done for today but I will be here tomorrow" I smiled.

"9 o'clock sharp?" Benny asked.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world" I smiled.