1 - back to the future

The smaller state slowly pressed the door open, peering through the crack into the dark hallway. She had a few options, all of which risked or required waking up somebody else. Hawaii glanced back at the clock on her nightstand, 4:36. It would be another hour before most of her siblings would be up. She could've just stayed in her room, but she wasn't exactly in favor of being left alone. Plus she left her turtle plushie downstairs and wanted to go get it. Her other option was to wake up her father, and going downstairs risked getting caught by New York. For some reason her older brother was never asleep. Or it just felt that way because he went to bed late and woke up early. Either way it's likely that she would get caught. Of course, New York probably wouldn't care that much. He'd just send her back to her room. But considering that's the very place she didn't want to be, it was best to avoid that. "..downstairs it is.." She paused before heading back to the door, this time pushing it all the way open. She didn't want to wake up her father as he almost never got even near enough sleep as a person should. Hawaii quietly slipped out of her room and started down the stairs, careful to avoid the creeky steps.

She got to the bottom of the stairs and began heading towards to living room where she recalled leaving Pearl, her stuffed turtle. "Hawaii." She sighed, turning around to see her older brother. "Hi Yorkie.." New York looked down at her with an expression that seemed to say 'seriously?' "Why are you up at what? 4am?" He crossed his arms. "You're up too. Also I forgot to bring Pearl upstairs." He sighed. "C'mon."
"Where are we going?" She quickly walked after him. "To go get that freaking turtle." Hawaii glared up at him. "Pearl is not just that turtle. She has a name y'know. How would you like it if I called your Hamilton poster, that poster?" He turned to her. "That's different. Hamilton is a work of art. That is stuffed turtle." He continued walking. Hawaii crossed her arms and followed after him. She was about to say something about calling her beloved turtle its name, but decided against it. They eventually got to the living room where, sure enough, Hawaii's turtle sat on the floor next to the couch. "Have you even watched Hamilton before?" New York questioned, leaning against the doorway. "Nope." Hawaii said, going to grab her turtle. "Seriously? You are missing out." New York went and sat on the couch, picking up the remote and turning on the TV.

Hawaii looked over at him. "What are you doing?" He glanced over at her before looking back at the screen. "Dunno, watching a movie?"
"What movie?" She asked, curiously. He shrugged. "Wanna watch Back to the Future?" Hawaii gave him a confused look. "What's that?"
"How have you never- nevermind. We're watching Back to the Future." New York announced. "Right now?" Hawaii asked. "Yup."

(About an hour later)

"What on earth are y'all doing?" Texas asked, standing in the doorway. "Watching Back to the Future." New York replied, not bothering to look over at him. "..why?" He raised an eyebrow. "Because apparently Hawaii doesn't watch good movies." New York said, glancing over at him. "Ya had to do this at 5 in the morning?" His southern accent more apparent since he had just woken up. "Yup." Hawaii said, happily. "I don't get paid enough for this." Texas groaned, rubbing his eyes. "You don't get paid at all." New York said, going back to watching the movie. "Exactly." New York paused, looking back over at him. "Wait why are you even up? Even Dad isn't awake yet.."
"It's Saturday." Saturday. Basically the only day that America didn't have work. Of course there was Sunday.. but Sunday you worry about the stuff you need done by Monday morning. So.. Saturday. "Right.. Forgot about that.." Texas gave him a weird look. "How do ya just forget what day it is?"

New York seemed to think about that for a moment. "Whatever.. where is Dad anyways?"
"Probably sleeping

After that Texas left the room, seemingly uninterested in the movie. New York just shrugged and went back to watching the movie.

~~~~~~~~~~

"This is a terrible idea." Georgia shushed her brother. "Don't ruin it. This is entertaining." Connecticut rolled his eyes at her. "Massa if you fall, i'm not catching you." Virginia said, looking up at Massachusetts who, for some reason, was climbing up the bookshelf. "Oh shut up. It's not like any of you wusses were going to get it." He glared down at them. "Couldn't we have just asked Dad to get it?" Georgia asked, taking a bit from her peach. "Where did you- never mind." Vermont said, giving her a weird look. "uh- no. that defeats the purpose of the plan, Georgia." Massa rolled his eyes like it was the most obvious thing ever. "How would he even help?" New Jersey questioned. "Wings." New York said. "Right.."
"What in god's good name are you doing?" He put his hands on his hips. "Hi Am." New York said, looking over at his twin. "Massa's being an idiot again." Connecticut stated. "Again. Great." The other colony looked up at his brother. "Massa, you're an idiot."
"Thanks for the confidence, Am." Massachusetts rolled his eyes. "I already told him I wasn't catching him." Virginia said, leaning against the wall. "But you didn't try to stop him in the first place?"
"Not my problem."
"Sometimes I wonder how you're older than me." Virginia shrugged, glancing over at him. "Not like it would've worked."
"Fair."

Word Count - 965
(3-5-24)
Yes this took 2 1/2 months and no nobody is going to read this.
-Kreative