2. The First Find

It's been about 12 years. The children have grown up and each of them has become beautiful. Ibrahim has black curly hair and dark blue eyes, Youssef has brown curly hair and brown eyes, and the youngest boy, Rami, has black hair, similar to Ibrahim's, but his brown eyes are slightly lighter than Dawood's and Youssef's. Lea, the eldest sister, resembles Mariam a lot, with long wavy brown hair and blue eyes, while the youngest member of the family, Nadia, also has dark brown wavy hair, but hers are hazel eyes. Like their parents, the children have an olive skin tone.

The Salib brothers became interested in one of Egypt's most popular sports - the soccer. At a sunny afternoon, they played soccer on the sandy dunes of the beach. Ibrahim's best friend Gerges participated in the match, along with two other guys from the Coptic Christian community, Tarek and Mark.

-Hey Rami, pass the ball here! -Ibrahim shouted to his younger brother.

-Okay, but don't kick it into the water! - Rami replied.

Ibrahim took the ball and kicked it hard. The ball flew far beyond the dunes.

-Great, Ibra. Who's going to retrieve it from there? - Youssef asked somewhat angrily.

-Let's go find it! - Gerges said to Ibrahim, and they set off together on the path behind the dunes. Ibrahim spotted the ball near a rock.

-Here's the ball! - he exclaimed joyfully. As he picked up the ball at the base of the rock, he noticed a strange object beside it. It was made of clay and covered in peculiar symbols.

-Ibra, what's wrong? Is something wrong with the ball? - Gerges asked as he approached his friend and saw the odd vessel in his hand.

-I found this at the base of the rock. - Ibrahim showed the vessel to Gerges.

-It could be an old vessel.

-Really, Gerges? You don't say. But look at these strange symbols, they don't resemble hieroglyphs or Coptic writing.

-Hm, you're right. I don't think I've seen anything like this before; perhaps it's from an ancient language. Let's show it to your dad, maybe he knows. He's at the beach anyway."

Ibrahim and Gerges return to the others with the ball.

-You guys continue playing if you want, but I'm going to show Baba my new discovery.

Ibrahim says as he retrieves the clay vessel from behind his back.

-A clay pot? But that's nothing special; it's just a pot," Youssef says skeptically.

-This isn't just a simple pot; take a closer look!

Youssef picked up the vessel, turned it around, and examined it with his younger brother Rami and the two boys who were still with them. They also looked surprised at the strange symbols.

-What are these symbols?

-We don't know, but they don't resemble anything I've seen before. Perhaps they come from an ancient language.

-Possible. But what could this vessel be?

-Maybe it's a treasure chest! - the youngest brother Rami exclaimed naively.

-If it were a treasure chest, it would have a lid. - Ibrahim corrected his brother.

-You're right about that.

-Anyway, we have to show it to Baba.

-I'll go, I'm curious about what this is. Are you coming, Rami, or are you staying with Tarek and Mark?

-I'm going with you!

-Us too! - Tarek and Mark said simultaneously.

So the six boys - Ibrahim, Gerges, Youssef, Rami, Tarek, and Mark - set off towards Dawood's seaside gift shop.