||3||

||Aadya||

I woke up with a pounding headache, the remnants of last night's revelry making themselves known with every throb. Blinking away the haze of sleep, I found myself in an unfamiliar room, the sunlight filtering through the curtains casting a soft glow over the space. As I tried to piece together the events of the previous night, my gaze fell on Maya, sitting at the edge of the bed, her expression unreadable.

"Good morning" Maya greeted me with a wry smile, though there was a hint of concern in her eyes.

I groaned, burying my face in my hands as I tried to shake off the remnants of the alcohol-induced fog. "What happened last night?" I mumbled, my voice muffled by my palms.

Maya's smile faded, replaced by a look of solemnity. "You were... quite drunk, to say the least," she replied carefully, her tone measured.

As the memories of the previous night flooded back, a rush of embarrassment washed over me. "Oh god, did I do something stupid?" I asked, my cheeks flushing with embarrassment.

Maya hesitated for a moment before speaking, her voice gentle. "You... were a bit... affectionate towards Rehan," she admitted, her words carefully chosen.

My heart skipped a beat at the mention of Rehan's name, a rush of warmth flooding my chest. "I was?" I exclaimed, a smile tugging at the corners of my lips despite my embarrassment.

Maya's expression softened at my reaction, though there was a hint of reservation in her gaze. "Aadya, I know you have feelings for him, but—" she began, her voice trailing off as she struggled to find the right words.

"But what, Maya?" I pressed, my curiosity piqued.

Maya sighed, her gaze flickering with uncertainty. "I just don't think he's the right guy for you, Aadya. He's... complicated," she replied cryptically, her words laden with meaning.

I frowned, a pang of frustration bubbling up within me. "How do you know, Maya? You barely know him," I protested, my voice tinged with defensiveness.

Maya's expression hardened, her eyes narrowing slightly. "I saw it on TV and in magazines. Haven't known him personally, but I've heard he's into some illegal stuff," she explained, her tone firm.

My heart sank at Maya's revelation, a sense of doubt creeping into my mind. "But he looks so righteous," I countered, my voice tinged with uncertainty.

Maya shook her head, her expression grave. "Beautiful faces lie, Aadya. You can't always judge a book by its cover," she cautioned, her words weighing heavily on my mind.

Despite Maya's warning, I couldn't help but feel drawn to Rehan, a flicker of hope igniting within me. "I want to give him a chance," I declared, determination shining in my eyes.