Chapter Six

Six
Attor

"What? Can't I get close to you?" He slurred his speech.

"All it took was two bottled ale?" I chuffed and he groaned.

"Don't make fun of me!" He threw a punch that made him hiss, "Ugh. Why are you so strong? Iz no fair!" He blinked hazily.

I sighed, "Though I'd like to poke fun at how much of a light-weight you turned out to be...I think it's time you got some rest. You must be tired." I urged him to lie down and pulled the covers over him.

"Can you kiss me?"

I raised an eyebrow, "Kiss?"

He nodded, looking up at me.

"Uh...what is that?" I asked, my tail twitching in embarrassment.

"You don't know what a kiss is?"

I shook my head.

"It's something...friends do...can I show you?" He reached out and I ignored the small pang of pain at being called a friend.

"Sure." I sighed, sitting up against the headboard. He hurried up onto his knees, discarding the sheets to the side. My gaze roamed his body, lithe and...too thin. I hadn't been feeding him enough. I needed to hunt more, winter was coming, and he needed a gut if anything. I got rid of the frown forming on my face as soon as I could.

In a second or two, he was in my lap. My eyes widened and my hands shook, grabbing fistfuls of the sheets at my sides.

This was...different...I saw a mischievous glint in his eye as he straddled my hips. I tilted my head down. His cooling hands grabbed my face. I had the instinct to pull away when he started to strain up. His smell hit me like a tidal wave and my hands reached up to grab his hips.

He ground them against mine in a blind haste right before his lips touched mine.

His lips were warm and soft and firm. He pressed a little further and felt a soft, warm, lick of his tongue swipe at my lower lip. He shuddered and melted against me.

"Touch me..." He whimpered softly, meeting my lips with his again. Before I could register much of what was going on, he bucked his hips, digging his pelvis against my crotch. I grunted and pulled away.

"I-its time for you to sleep today off. Okay?"

He frowned but leaned back, I drew the covers up over him, getting one last glance at his flickering tail.

/\:/\

I lay against the headboard, softly brushing his pierced ear. He started to readjust uncomfortably and I lifted my hand. He fussed quietly until he shuddered out a breath, tensing and sweating. A pained noise clawed up his throat and I sat up straighter.

"Estrel." I shook him softly.

He just fussed even louder and I sat him up. He gasped and shot up, wrapping a protective hand over his stomach.

"Sh-shit!" He barked in shock. He ran fingers through his hair and I paused, my eyes landed on something...

He noticed me staring and yanked his shirt down.

"D-damn. It's hot in here." He chuckled nervously.

I couldn't respond, stunned into silence.

"Attor...?" He asked softly, fear and insecurity plaguing his gorgeous features. I wanted to swipe that look off his face. Make him smile again and again.

But I couldn't ignore what I saw...

My eyes only left his waist to take in his expression.

I opened my mouth as if to say something but I closed it again, and words that weren't related to the gruesome dismemberment of the cause of what I saw.