Impulsive Desires

The days rolled on, each one a relentless cycle of duty and anticipation. Lawson and Dalston navigated through their tasks with a tension hanging between them, thickening with each passing moment. Lawson, emboldened by the memory of their intimate encounter, found himself unable to resist the urge to tease Dalston at every opportunity. His playful remarks and lingering glances kept Dalston on edge, the tension between them palpable, thick enough to slice through with the sharpest of blades.

As they moved through the camp, their interactions became a delicate dance of restraint and desire. Lawson's teasing sparked a fire within Dalston, igniting a desire that burned hot and fierce beneath the surface. Yet, they both knew the risks of indulging in such forbidden desires once more, the consequences of being discovered too dire to contemplate.

But despite their best efforts to maintain a facade of professionalism, the simmering tension between them threatened to boil over at any moment, casting a shadow over their every interaction. With each passing day, the line between duty and desire blurred, leaving them both teetering on the edge of a precipice neither dared to cross.

Though, Dalston's patience grew thin, worn away by Lawson's persistent teasing and the relentless tension that hung between them like a heavy cloak. One evening, as they found themselves alone in their tent, Dalston reached his breaking point. Dalston lunged forward, seizing Lawson by the collar and pulling him close, their lips crashing together in a fierce, desperate kiss. The weight of their unspoken desires hung heavy in the air as they surrendered to the intoxicating pull of each other's touch.

But their stolen moment of passion was shattered by the sound of footsteps approaching their tent. Dalston and Lawson froze in fear, their hearts pounding in their chests as they listened to the unfamiliar sound drawing closer. Before they could react, the tent flap was thrown open, revealing the startled face of a lone farmer who had been passing by. His eyes widened in shock as he took in the scene before him, the two knights tangled together in a heated embrace. Dalston and Lawson exchanged panicked glances, their minds racing with fear and uncertainty. Caught in a moment of weakness, they were now faced with the harsh reality of their forbidden desires laid bare for all to see.

In a moment of sheer desperation, Lawson's instincts took over. Without hesitation, he drew his blade and struck out, piercing the farmer who had stumbled upon them. Shock and horror painted the farmer's face as he crumpled to the ground, his lifeblood staining the earth. For a fleeting moment, Lawson stood frozen, his breath caught in his throat, his heart pounding with adrenaline-fueled intensity. But there was no relief in his gasp, only a hollow emptiness that echoed the gravity of his actions.

"Shit, shit, shit," Lawson muttered under his breath, his eyes wide with shock as he stared at his blood-stained hands. Lawson's mind raced with panic as he looked around the tent, searching for any sign of what to do next. His heart pounded in his chest, the weight of their actions bearing down on him like a suffocating weight.

Despite the gravity of the situation, Dalston's expression mirrored Lawson's shock and disbelief. While Lawson was overwhelmed with panic, Dalston remained calmer, his years of experience on the battlefield providing him with a sense of perspective. In their line of work, death was an ever-present reality, and they had become accustomed to the harsh realities of their profession. While killing an innocent man was not something they had ever intended, Dalston's resolve remained steady in the face of adversity.

As they stood amidst the aftermath of their impulsive actions Dalston surveyed the scene, their eyes falling upon the old Cleveland-bred horse tethered to a weathered carriage. The sight of the laden carriage, filled with tools, vegetables, and various other supplies, sends a shiver down their spines, a stark reminder of the innocent life they've taken and the consequences that now loom over them. They can't help but feel a pang of remorse as they realize the impact of their actions on the unsuspecting farmer and the life he left behind. In their defense, he should've minded his business.

Upon further inspection of the carriage, a sturdy shovel, its worn handle a promise of assistance in their time of need. Appeared amongst the pile of tools in the back of the carriage. Grasping the tool tightly, they exchanged a silent nod of agreement, knowing that it would serve them well in their grim task ahead. As they set out to bury the farmer and conceal the evidence of their crime.

As they set out to bury the farmer, neither of them shared a word. They worked in tense silence, the weight of their actions hung heavy in the air, casting a somber pall over their task. Each shovel of dirt felt like a burden, a reminder of the life they had taken and the consequences they now faced. Despite the urgency of their situation, Lawson and Dalston moved with a solemn determination, their thoughts consumed by the gravity of their actions.

As they lay in their separate beds, the dim glow of the campfire casting flickering shadows across the tent, Dalston's voice broke the silence. "I'm sorry," he spoke softly, his words heavy with remorse. Lawson remained silent, his mind grappling with conflicting emotions. He didn't blame Dalston for what had transpired, knowing that they were both victims of circumstance. Yet, he couldn't shake the weight of guilt that pressed down on him,

"I wish- I wish we lived in a world where our feelings towards each other wasn't seen as a crime," Dalston spoke, "I wish the same," Lawson finally replied, his voice laced with resignation. "But unfortunately, we must navigate the world as it is, not as we wish it to be." The weight of their forbidden desires hung heavy in the air, a silent reminder of the challenges they faced simply for being who they were. In the darkness of the tent, their shared longing was a silent, unspoken truth, binding them together in a web of secrecy and fear.

As they lay in the dim light of the tent, surrounded by the hushed sounds of the camp, Lawson's words lingered between them like a heavy cloak. Dalston's heart ached with the truth of their reality, the weight of societal expectations pressing down on him like a burden too heavy to bear. He longed for a world where love was celebrated, not condemned, where he and Lawson could be free to express their feelings without fear of persecution.

Lawson's somber acknowledgment only served to deepen the sense of despair that hung over them like a dark cloud. In his voice, Dalston heard echoes of resignation, a silent acceptance of the harsh truths they faced. It was a reality they had both grown accustomed to, a world where their love was deemed taboo simply because of who they were.

Dalston's tears soaked the sides of his cot, his heart heavy with the fear that Lawson might turn on him out of spite in a selfish attempt to save himself and have him killed. The weight of this dread lay heavy upon him, a burden too immense to bear alone. Yet, he couldn't bring himself to voice these fears to Lawson, for to do so would be to acknowledge the fragility of their bond, a vulnerability they could ill afford in such perilous times

His subconscious painted a vivid and terrifying scene: Dalston found himself surrounded by shadowy figures, their faces twisted with anger and accusation. Before he could comprehend what was happening, chains clamped around his wrists, binding him tightly as he was dragged away to face judgment for his supposed crimes against humanity.

Dalston felt the cold grip of fear tightening around his heart as he was led to his fate. The weight of his perceived betrayal by Lawson hung heavy upon him, a bitter realization that even those closest to him could not be trusted in the face of persecution. As he struggled against his captors, the harsh reality of his situation began to dawn on him: he was alone, vulnerable, and at the mercy of forces beyond his control.

With each step he took towards his inevitable fate, Dalston's resolve wavered, his spirit crushed beneath by society's judgment. In the depths of his despair, he cried out for mercy, for redemption, for a chance to prove his innocence and reclaim his freedom. But in the cruel grip of his dream, there was no salvation to be found, only the relentless march towards his own demise. Catching a glance at Lawson, he shouted for all to hear, "You framed me! That's what you did. May the weight of your conscience crush you like you didn't hesitate to do to me. Be damned to hell!"

Caught off guard by the accusation, Lawson's heart sank as he heard the damning words echo through the camp. He stood frozen, unable to respond as the weight of Dalston's accusation bore down on him like a heavy burden. The accusation hung in the air, casting a shadow of doubt over their already precarious situation. As the gravity of Dalston's words sank in, Lawson could feel the weight of guilt settling over him like a suffocating cloak. With a heavy heart, he could only watch in silence as Dalston's words echoed through the camp, condemning him in the eyes of their comrades.