•Greeting•

THE PLANE RIDE TO CANADA WAS LONG. Piper spent the entirety of it sleeping or listening to music, stuck in the uncomfortable chair for eight hours.

The plan was that Piper would meet Uncle Rick and Aunt Becky at the airport with her parents, and then her parents would drive three hours to where they were filming for their own movie. Her mother sat to the left of her on the plane, taking the window seat, while her father was on the aisle, because he had bladder issues.

Piper sighed and inhaled the pungent plane air, filling her lungs with the smell of Sol de Janeiro, sweat, and Skittles. She instantly felt disgusted at the smell, and regretted her decision to take a big breath.

The plane started descending, and Piper could feel when the wheels hit the ground, shaking the plane. The seatbelt sign turned off and people immediately rushed up, grabbing their bags from the overhead bins and trying to get out of the foul air.

Her father hurried up out of his seat while Piper grabbed her bag below the seat in front of her. She groaned about how heavy the bags were, so her father huffed and brought the bags down in between the rows of seats.

They waited a few minutes for the people in front of them to exit before slowly walking out of the plane. The fluorescent lights greeted Piper when she walked out, and she had to let her eyes adjust to the light of the Canada airport. She scanned around the seats, looking for a man and a woman she hadn't seen since she was seven. Her mother stood in front of her, and started waving towards someone at the baggage claim just next to their terminal. Her father gave an awkward smile that Piper thought was meant to be reassuring before heading off to greet her aunt and uncle.

Piper's mother fell in line with her father, walking at a brisk pace to Uncle Rick. Piper followed and stood to the side uncomfortably while the families hugged and exchanged formalities. Her uncle had changed a little since she last saw him, obviously older and with a pair of glasses decorating his face. Her Aunt Becky seemed frozen in time, save for a few wrinkles on her skin.

She waved and gave a tight lipped smile to the couple.

"Love, you have grown so much!" Her Aunt Becky said, leaning in for a hug. Piper tightened her squeeze on her aunt's shoulders and smiled. She had forgotten how Becky smelled. She remembered when she was young in their garden, picking the ripened fruits together, and smelling the distinct scent of tangerines on her aunt when they leaned to get a tomato. The sweet smell was still there, lingering even when they pulled away.

Piper muttered thanks, flustered. The last time her aunt saw her she was a seven year old girl, stumbling around climbing trees with mismatched socks and tangled hair, so being perceived as grown was a compliment.

She gave a quick hug to her uncle and returned back to her mother's side.

"Well, it was lovely seeing you again. It's been far too long, but we really must get going, our cab is waiting outside," Her mother said , touching the back of Piper's shoulder, lightly nudging her forward.

She stepped closer to her aunt and uncle before turning to face her parents. "Guess I'll see you in a few weeks, then."

Her mother opened her arms for a hug and Piper stepped in, holding the hug. Her father stood to the side, and gave her a thumbs up before she stood next to her uncle. Aunt Becky had her suitcase by her side, ready to go into the car that they had driven on the way over.

Those were the last words that left her mother's mouth before she turned away with her father and exited the airport. It was a quick goodbye, kept short and to the point, like always.

Her Uncle Rick almost looked confused at the exchange, but led Piper forward to the doors of the airport, where the car waited.

The heat licked at her face and sweat started forming on her forehead from the heat. She had to squint so she could see clearly past the bright sun. The car beeped and the back trunk slowly opened up. Aunt Becky rolled her suitcase and lifted it into the car, closing the trunk after.

Piper climbed into the backseat, shifting on the leather as she buckled up. The radio was turned onto some light jazz that floated through the air. Uncle Rick sat in the front seat, giving her an awkward smile through the rearview mirror before focusing back on the road.

They made small talk on the way over, discussing simple things like the weather and school. They arrived at the house just a little bit of an hour later.

The house stood the same on top of the little hill, staying the same over time. It was a baby blue house, with white shutters and a wrap-around porch. A little wooden porch swing that Piper used to always swing on was on the side of the porch, with the same navy blue throw pillows on top. The grass was overgrown, and needed to be cut, but Piper loved it when she could feel the damp grass in the morning on her ankles.

Uncle Rick unloaded her suitcase from the back of the car and started rolling it up the walkway to the front door. Piper walked closer to the house, enjoying the scenery. The trees towered over her head, standing on opposite sides of the house.

Her aunt twisted the doorknob and entered the house. Little house plants hung from the walls and decorated the tops of bookshelves and tables. There were big windows with lace curtains, letting as much summer light in as possible. She loved this house, even when she was young. She walked up the staircase with her bag, staring at the picture frames that decorated the walls. Photos of the Percy Jackson and Olympian cast were on the walls, along with photos of family.

She smiled at the photos. Her uncle was beaming next to the kids, who were grinning along with him on the stage. Uncle Rick had mentioned the teens briefly on the car ride over, and she could see how happy and proud he was when he talked.

She entered her room, setting down her bag and sitting on the pink bed. The old bed slightly creaked under her weight which might be annoying when she slept but she ignored it and started unzipping her suitcase.

She heard a knock on the door and looked up to see Uncle Rick.

    "Hey, just wanted to let you know that the cast is coming over tomorrow for a little party to celebrate the beginning of filming," He announced, standing in the doorway.

"Awesome, it sounds fun!" She nodded. She was genuinely excited to meet the cast. They were her age and from the stories Rick was telling her on the way over, they seemed nice.

She was excited for the new changes that would happen over the summer.