chapter one

Y/n slowly opens her eyes to the alarm on her phone buzzing.

She turns the alarm off before rubbing her eyes trying to wake her self up. She sits up straight on her bed and stares at the ceiling above her,admiring the little design for absolutely no reason. Minutes pass by and she's still looking at the ceiling before finally glancing at her phone to check the time.

8:30am

Y/n gets out of bed and goes straight to the bathroom to freshen up.

After some time she comes out of the bathroom and leaves her room to go down and have breakfast with her parents.
Once she's at the table, she greets both of her parents with a warm smile. Her gaze shifted to the corner of the table.

Brown? No... Reddish brown... Yeah.... So smooth.... Why are table corners so cuteee.....

"Y/n? "

"Y/N!!?? "

The sound of her mother yelling out her name made her flinch. She realised she was staring at a corner of the table for so long.

"Why are you staring at the table? " Her mom asks, to which y/n has no answer. It's just... A strange habit of hers to stare at random objects at any given time.

"I... Uh... No.. No, nothing... W-why were you calling me though? "

"Do you want jam or peanut butter on your bread? "

"Oh... Uh... P-peanut butter! "Y/n stutters. She drums her fingers on the table while waiting for her food.

.......................
" Thanks mom! " Thanked y/n as she left for her room. It was Sunday so she made plans to chill all day. As she reached her room closing the door behind her, her eyes bored into the ivory wall in front of her. She wondered about what she should do now that she has an entire day to enjoy. Her eyes narrowed as she thought of it,suddenly an idea crossed her mind.

Cartoon....

"I may be 18 but who cares? Cartoons over anything! "

Y/n could hardly contain her glee. She layed on her bed with her back facing the ceiling , opening her laptop to play a cartoon. She cups her face in her hands and watches intently. Her ears feel blessed by the soothing background music. Totally immersed into the story, she doesn't even bother to look at what time it is.

........
After binging like five episodes, she pondered if she should click on the 'next episode' button once more.

Next episode?.....
......
..... Ummm I guess I should watch something else now or I'll finish this wholesome serie too early.

Lets watch some anime now!

Dragging her index finger along the touchpad, a notification pops up on her phone that was laying beside her the whole time. As she glances at the screen of her mobile, she realises it was an article about the latest news.

"Bank heist shocks community. Masked gunmen rob First National Bank, escaping with cash. Police launch manhunt. Increased security ensues."

Y/n sighs and swipes the notification aside. As soon as she forces  her attention back to the laptop screen, she hears another notification. Y/n looks over to her phone screen to see the notification which reads...

"Community in Shock as Body of Local Resident Discovered: Police Probe Gruesome Murder, Residents Fearful Amidst Rising Crime Concerns."

She hold her index finger in front of the screen wanting to swipe away but couldn't.

Humans... are dangerous creatures...

Ruthless, if anything.

Switching her phone off, she diverts her attention back to her laptop. She misses the person she was before seeing the news. The immense hatred for people only grows in her heart. Will she ever be able to love a person?