《8》

"Jess?" Lucifer rushed into the room Jess resided in. She saw her on the floor, in a corner gripping her hair and scratching her scalp until it bled. Only to distract her nerves from the gaping holes in her back with ripped nerves and arteries spouting blood everywhere- She cried quietly, trying her best to hold back the whines her pain tried to get through her mouth.

A soft hand gently touched the top of her shoulder- Jess turned around quickly, falling from her feet to her butt and looking up at Lucifer. She pulled back every tear threatening to continue to fall from her eyes. Only if he could see one eye, he knew she was mortified. He described to her how she hadn't felt much pain. How she was terrified of it. And of course he remembered.

He didn't exactly know what to do- He stuttered and bent down to his knees to meet her eyes. She closed her eyes forcefully and dug her mask into the palm of her hands.

"Fuck!" She screamed out, clawing at her mask, wanting to take it off but knowing better than to do so.

"Come here," Lucifer reached out for her wings, but she pulled them back.

"Don't." She warned him sternly.

He looked at her with soft eyes, and it didn't take much to get her to give in. She rested her wings.

"Thank you," He whispered and stroked them softly. He made a couple of bandages appear to his right, and cleaning materials in his hand. He used alcohol on tissues to tap on her open wounds, also the stab wounds of the glass she shattered into her lower back.

"I'm afraid your shirt's ruined." He said, ripping it apart further than it already was for better access to her wounds. He cleaned around the openings of where her wings were, she winced, "Agh- That's fine.." She let her head fall down.

"I'm sure." He used bandages and wrapped it around her stomach, making it tight as possible to stop her bleeding. "You have to keep these wings out for a bit, love."

"Ugh-" She said back, too weak to reply further.

"But I'll wrap them." He said, cleaning the fur and then bandaging the damaged parts. She didn't respond, feeling the life drained out of her, too weak to acknowledge the pain.

Behind the two a pair of flat heels made a sound on the carpet. It was slow, careful to approach. Lucifer looked up, his eyes dropping at the sight of Alastor looking down on the two of them without Jess noticing.

"Let me," Alastor said and bent down, taking over the bandages from Lucifer's hand. Lucifer didn't protest, looking at him doubtfully. Jess shot up at the radio demon's voice, "Get away." She said.

"No."

Jess looked behind her, seeing only Alastor, a blip of a golden sparkle disappearing, meaning Lucifer stood there seconds ago. She snarled. Fucking traitor.

Alastor pushed her face back, away from her wings so he could continue wrapping them.

"Why the hell are you here¿?" She said softly. She was more awake than she was seconds ago, like a pump of caffeine shot into her veins.

"I don't know," He declared honestly. Jess looked back infront of her. "That doesn't make sense," She mumbled.

"It doesn't."

".. Why do you want my mask off this bad?"

"Curiosity, my dear."

"About what?"

".."

"Hm."

"There, all done." He announced. He sat back against the side of the bed and watched her turn around, gazing at the tip of her wings she could see. She shuffled back against the bed frame as well, but flinched to feel the pressure against her wounds. She groaned and leaned forward, still next to Alastor but avoiding her back to touch something.