Chapter 1: Sorry , I didn't recognize you back then !

DITOR'S WORD :

Dear readers , I changed few things about the story , I hope you like it even more now ! 

                  ⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

   When we were kids we always smiled for the stupidest things and sometimes for no reason at all But we also cried as easily  for the same insignificant matters .Once we grew , it became harder to smile and we managed to avoid crying over the silliest things .

And even though my mind grew wiser and my body matured I still smile all the time . It's in my nature I guess , but more importantly as years passed I understood that putting a smile on my  face was the best thing I could do to protect myself from getting hurt . It soon  became a habit and a very useful one indeed . And it's funny that what manages to bring tears out of my eyes are small things like  sad movies and dramas.  It's amazing how easily I can feel for the pain of others but never for mine .

And so here I am , now 26 years old and it was only  few months ago that I learned the true bittersweetness of the thing I always took my pleasure fantasizing  about ...yeh you guessed right it's the dangerous , unreasonable and hurtful LOVE .  

Well it all started during my first year as an intern doctor in one of the most famous Hospitals in all the US .

While in the hallway , preparing  to meet  my  supervisor , a man I had never seen before passed in front of me . I was immediately attracted to his elegant way of walking . He was tall , I would say 6'2". His muscular build , black wavy hair ,the sharpness of his nose and  above all , his gray eyes and manly features  . My eyes couldn't help but  follow him and it seems that I wasn't the only one , it was funny how all the nurses near by  turned their heads as well  which made me giggle a little .

And then I was startled by a hand on my right shoulder 

" Boooooooh  "

" Ah , it's you Ellie , you scared me ! "

Ellie is my closest friend  .We first met when we both where just freshmen college students. We got along very well , and we immediately became best friends .We both are cheerful and we understand each others thoughts easily . Even though Ellie is more open minded about relationships than I am and she is sometimes blunt and pays rarely attention to what she says or to the circumstances , if that matters .

"  Why didn't you wait for me before leaving this morning ?  "

"  I woke up at 5  and went jogging  , then came here 2 hours early  . Did you want me to wake you as well ?...at 5?  "

" No thanks !  " 

" Exactly my point  "   I laughed in amusement as I said that and so did Ellie .

I grabbed her hand and headed to the hospital community room where all interns will be introduced to their supervisors  . 

 Mr Smith  is the Chief surgeon . Ellie is his favorite intern , since her mother  is no one other than the famous heart surgeon Elisabeth Baker . The old guy is a royal pain in the ass .If you speak even for a second of anything other than medical related matters he will just ridicules you  in front of the whole Hospital stuff and patients . In his previous life he must have been a prison guard  or something . I can positively affirm that Hitler is his role model .

So when we arrived , he was already inside with some other interns and it wasn't long before the meeting started .

"  hey psstttttt ......Serena ..hey  "

 I thought I warned her just yesterday , when will she understand that Hitler is watching me like a hawk , waiting for me to upon my mouth . The moment he knew that I was the honor student , he started watching my every single move , he sure has issues .

 " What is it Ellie ?  trying to get me in trouble again? "

" No , why are you saying that  ?  "

Gosh looking at me with those puppy eyes , I knew it there is no helping it  . Thank God Jack is standing  in front of me , he is very tall and if I kept whispering Hitler  won't notice it.

So I turned my head and smiled :

"  I'm listening  .  "

I swear Ellie is something else her mood changes like the wind , now her  shinny smile is going to cause me blindness and I guess that's what I love most about her .

"  Guess who helped me open my locker today ? "

" Who? "

" It's David !  "

"  David ... as in the hot guy from the emergency department ? "

" yeh !! I think he likes me , or maybe secretly in love with me . But it's not like I am going to say yes when he asks me out ..."

Ah ! did I forget to mention that she has the princess syndrome ? If I thought that every guy who acted nice towards me is head over heels for me then I must be the reincarnation of Casanova himself !

God knows how many times I warned her about being easily swept away with her fancies but did she ever learn ? Nope .

"  Miss Serena ?  "

My heart almost bumped out of my chest when I heard Hitler's voice calling my name with that unpleasant tone . With Ellie speaking nonstop into my ears I didn't notice that the supervisors where already inside and that some of  the interns have been already assigned each two or three to one of them .

" Yes Sir , I am here ! "

" and Ellie .. "

 " Present "   She answered  playfully 

" Doctor Gabriel is going to be the supervisor of you two ! consider yourselves lucky , he is our best neurologist .  "

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

Voted .. thanks ☺

Nope  ? .... T_T  ☹