Part 3 (Finale)

With that, he disappeared outside into the winter wonderland that was the day. Despite the curiosity tickling the back of your mind, you smirked to yourself in victory, a giggle threatening to escape. But, when Kookie sauntered back in, frosted hair and a nose redder than a cherry, a white box was tucked underneath his arm. After shaking the snow from his hair, he placed it before you.

"I was just afraid we weren't gonna have enough time or room to eat this," he explained after lifting the lid.

Your eyes bulged at the sight of a magnificent, heart shaped chocolate cake, adorned with strawberries, chocolate chips, and beautiful patterns of white and dark icing. It was a work of art expressed through food.

Your heart nearly burst in your chest. When you raised your eyes, you noticed your husband with cheeks tinted red and rocking from side to side.

"So," you sauntered up to him, arms crossed, one eyebrow cocked. "Tough talkin' Kookie, dissing Valentine's has a bit of soft spot, huh?"

As soon as you draped an arm around him, he grunted. "What. You know me well enough. I like to get you shit."

"I hope you don't mean that literally," you said with a giggle.

"Oh, shut your face."

Forcing out a yelp, he took you by the waist and crashed his lips onto yours. Immediately, you locked your arms around his neck, knotting your fingers in his ebony hair. The taste of cigarettes and tea dominated your senses, one of the millions of things you loved about Kookie.

He may not have been the most eloquent of men. He may be easily labeled by society as your typical asshole or a thug in uniform.

But, you were his wife. You loved his flaws and his attitudes. Everything put together made him Kookie, including his awkward words of love.

You pulled away with a little gasp, faces still in close proximity. You lightly touched noses with him.

"So, you like it, huh?"

"Oh, you bet," you said with a smile. "You're so adorable, ya know. Even when you're being an asshole."

"Fuck you."

You burst in to fits of laughters, kissing his face. "I love you too, Kookie!"

The end.