Part 2

Despite having just made himself comfortable, Kookie nearly jumped from his seat. Who could be invading at such an hour?

Oh, fuck, he thought. She planned an entire fuckin' party! You knew well he was terrible at socializing. Why would you even consider such an idea! And you didn't even let him lean up just a little bit.

Honestly, he felt a little betrayed.

He heard a few murmurs from you and the voice of another man, the clinking of coins in your wallet, a curt, "thank you," and then once again, the door closed you from the outside world.

A knot of confusion built in his stomach. He mind ran completely blank.

You reappeared again around the corner, carrying two large boxes. The delightful scent of cheese and tomato sauce suddenly dominated every other smoky scent claiming the room.

"Dinner!" you cheered before you wandered back into the kitchen.

"Wait," Kookie burrowed the remains of his cigarette in the crystal ash tray. "That's-"

"I ordered pizza," you explained as you laid your work on the kitchen island. "And, especially for you, I got your favorite Scotch. You know, that expensive shit you rave about so much at all those business Christmas parties and shit?"

Sure enough, you placed a bottle of the golden, single malt glory he so loved in front of a very stunned husband. Coyly, you folded your hands, resting them gingerly beneath your chin.

All he could do was blink.

"I thought pizza, drinks and a movie would be the ideal date night," you said with a wink. "Just for something a little different."

Finally, after the information fully processed, his gaze shifted to the floor, and he scratched behind his head.

"Well, fuck," he half mumbled. "I guess you know me a little better than I thought."

You rolled your eyes and slunk to his side. "After being together for so long? What kind of wife would I be?"

"Yeah, yeah," he leaned in for a light caress of your lips. "But, even the asshole gets a present for his girl."

You raised an eyebrow. "Kookie? Are you saying you purchased an actual gift for me...for Valentine's?"

"Oi, quit the mock gasping," he broke free from your grasp. "Don't move, you...you..."

"Bitch?" you smirked while crossing your arms.

"Whatever."