VII

Word got out about Percy's quest. He retrieved the master bolt and beat the deadline. Which was great.

Recently Ciara been avoiding Clarisse.. or at least trying to. She still wasn't sure if Clarisse really did steal the bolt, or if it was just a wild guess.

She was hoping it wasn't true that Clarisse stole it, that it was just a guess and accusation.

Annabeth and Grover came back from the quest an hour ago, but Percy was at Olympus to give it back, the bolt. Ciara wanted to ask them what it was like outside of camp, as Ciara was a year-rounder. So she didn't get to see the outside. She wanted to ask Annabeth and Grover, but Grover was at the council of satyrs about his searches license.

And Annabeth was already crowded with people, and Ciara didn't want to add herself to that. So she'd just wait until later when she wasn't being crowded.

It was around just before dinner time Percy came back, all the campers gathered around clapping, praising him for the quest.

Ciara sat at the bench with her brother Lee. Ciara turned her head a bit looking at Clarisse who had her arms folded glaring at Percy. Everyone heard how Percy had a showdown with Clarisses father, Ares. How Percy beat him, shamed him and humiliated him. Ciara would admit, that'd be a bit funny to have witnessed. The god of war and violence getting beat up by his mortal twelve year old cousin.

Annabeth ran up to Percy and hugged him, whispering something in his ear.

She and Percy then walked off, Luke following after them. She was curious to what they were talking about. Everyone went off to their activities, Ciara had the rock climbing wall. She stood up and went to leave but someone grabbed her arm. She turned around tending a bit as she saw Clarisse.

Clarisse was in her casual lazy outfit, her camp shirt and camo sweatpants. "Why're you avoiding me? What's up with you??" Clarisse demanded.

What was Ciara supposed to say? 'I know you're the lightning thief'? She didn't know what to say.

"I'm not" Ciara replied. "You're probably just thinking that... m-....maybe you need more
Sleep?" Ciara said hesitantly. Clarisse scoffed.

"Don't gaslight me. Why're you been avoiding me" she said, repeating her question. Ciara shrugged.

"Ciara," Clarisse said more sternly tightening her grip on Ciaras wrist. The sun beginning to set in the distance as Chiron began setting off fireworks for the Fourth of July.

"I heard Luke on an iris message with Percy and Annabeth, they said you're the one who stole the master bolt" she blurted out. Clarisse furrowing her eyebrows and chuckling a bit.

"That's bull. Why would I still Zeus' lightning bolt?... wait.. you don't actually believe them.. do you??" She exclaimed, shocked that Ciara would even consider thinking that.

"Ciara I didn't steal it. It wasn't me!" She said. Some campers looked in their direction, Ciaras cheeks burning as people stared. Clarisse scoffed grabbing Ciaras wrist again dragging her somewhere more private.

"I know. It's silly but... you have to admit it does... kind of.. fit..?" Ciara said hesitantly, sighing as Clarisse clearly took offence to that.

"What's that supposed to mean?!" She scoffed. Ciara shaking her head. "Clarisse I didn't mean it like that.." she said softly.