V

Today Ciara was in sword lessons, like usual Luke teaching. He was the best sword fighter at camp, he was also super handsome. Almost every girl had a crush on him. Ciara didn't blame those girls.

Recently everyone's been acting up as they heard about the war the gods were doing, Poseidon stole Zeus' master bolt. Maybe it was Hades and blamed Poseidon, it made sense though why Chiron sent Percy, the son of Poseidon for the quest though.

Since then though everyone was taking sides, some took Poseidons side others took Zeus'. Anyway, it was hard to concentrate with all that stuff going on.

Everyone was in a line, taking turns to fight Luke in the sword fight. It was just a fun game to see if anyone could beat him. They couldn't though. But Percy did one time a few days ago before he left. It was super cool.

It was almost Ciaras turn, she was kind of freaking out a bit. She always got nervous when she had to get up in front of people, she also knew like would win, it'd be humiliating and embarrassing.

She sneakily went out of the line and went to the girls toilets, like usual. She didn't usually wag her lessons but she really hated crowds of people and being watched by people.

She came out of the bathroom and jumped a bit seeing Luke stood against the wall. "You know you shouldn't wag your sword fighting lessons, they could be handy" Luke smirked.

"Sorry I just... don't like people watching me" Ciara shrugged. A little weirded out that he followed her and waited outside the girls toilets, she began walking back to her cabin. Luke grabbed her shoulder

"I get it, I sometimes get nervous having people watching me to. But hey, I'm used to it" he chuckled, before continuing. "How about I give you private lessons? Say... by the river in the woods at 1?"

Ciara smiled, it was a nice offer. "Sure" she said. Luke nodded before heading off with Ethan, Chris and Taylor , his brothers from the Hermes cabin.

Timeskip

Ciara panted as she got pushed to the ground, Luke holding out his sword. "You need to be steady, work on your form" Luke said helping her up.

Ciara groaned in annoyance, it's the fifth time she fell. But she wasn't surprised, he was a really great sword fighter.

She walked over to the log and sat down having a drink of water. Her face sweaty and hot, her cheeks a burning red. Luke sat down beside her offering her a small towel.

"I gotta go quickly help out Chiron with something, I'll be back a second through" he said as he got up and headed over to the big house. Ciaras mind began to wander, she was wondering how Percy and Annabeth and Grover's quest was going. Did they find the master bolt yet? Was the war still happening? Who was it that actually stole the bolt?

"What's taking Luke so long" Ciara muttered she stood up and headed to the big house. She went inside, the place smelt like a grandmas scent.

She heard Luke talking in the main office, she peeked her head inside. Luke talking through an iris message.

To Percy and Annabeth. They were in a truck of some sort. They looked okay, which was good to know. "We know who stole the bolt" Percy said.

Ciara wasn't a sticky beak, but she was curious. So she kept looking and listening.

For a second she thought she saw fear and Luke nervous, but why would he be nervous? Then again the whole thing about the gods going to war must've been pretty nerve racking.

She heard them say things but it was hard to hear with two campers who weee getting in a fight. Her attention was immediately bought back when Luke said.

"It's Clarisse. Clarisse is the lightning thief" Luke said.

What?? Clarisse stole Zeus master bolt? No. She wouldn't do that. It couldn't be Clarisse!.... But it made sense. She's sneaky.. kind of, violent, aggressive. Really good at coming up with quick plans. She's angry at the gods kind of for ignoring her and all other Demi gods and stuff.

But that didn't make sense, when did she steal the bolt??

She ran out of the big house, and of course, accidentally bumping into Clarisse. She grunted as she hit the floor.

"Ciara. You okay? Jesus, you're so clumsy" Clarisse chuckled and put out a hand to help her up.

Ciara tensed looking at Clarisse thinking what Luke said. What if she really did steal the master bolt? Was she tricking her, was she planning to betray her??

"I'm okay" Ciara said getting herself up and walking past Clarisse. Leaving a confused Clarisse.

Ciara headed back to the woods where Luke already beat her to, she was a bit shocked how he got there so fast but anyway.

"You okay? You look a bit shocked" Luke noticed and said. Ciara felt a bit guilty for kind of spying on him. But she's wanted to know if he really does think Clarisse stole the bolt.

She explained to him how she walked in on him talking to Percy and Annabeth, that she heard him say Clarisse is the lightning thief.

"We're pretty sure she is. You know Ciara I get you must be feeling betrayed right now.... But.. life is all a game of snakes and ladders. You have snakes who will just lie and bring you down, but you have ladders who you have to bring you up. Even though Clarisse is obviously a snake. You have lots of ladders... besides" he paused before continuing.

"Don't you agree with why Clarisse would steal the bolt? The gods ignore us, they claim us in their own time. They don't care for how we feel, they only care about themselves. To them, we're not children were weapons, something valuable and dangerous. They treat us unfairly, wouldn't you agree with her reasoning?" He said. Ciara thought for a second.

"Well... it's.. I- I don't know.." she shrugged.

Luke smirked, as if he were manipulating her into something. Having her twisted and wrapped around his finger. "Have a think and get back to me" he said patting her shoulder before standing up and leaving Ciara alone lost in thought.

Word count: 1068