Chapter 5 - Bonus - Aaron POV

Bonus chapter: Aaron's POV : The day Lana was introduced to the class.

I sometimes come on Wednesdays because it's the day we have PE and history in the morning, and I don't hate those. But French at 2PM is always torture. Mod is an ass and I was glad to hear he was leaving. He never gave me a heads up before tests.

I enter the class last, as usual, and as usual, students left a seat for me at the very back of the room. Being two years older than them has its perks, I think they fear me and I am okay with that.

The principal, Garcia, enters the classroom and I sit back in my chair, wondering what the new French wannabe will look like. All French teachers I've ever had were American or Canadian, so I'm not expecting anyone with a beret-baguette kind of vibe.

But I freeze when I see the teacher coming in. She attached her long hair in a ponytail, probably to look more serious, and it looks like it's falling rather low on her back so her hair must be long. Her eyes have a piercing blue color as she takes a look in the classroom, and I wonder what they would look like if I sat closer. Her heels make a sound while she steps on the wooden floor. She's slim, with very long legs. She's wearing a white blouse and black skirt and I can see she's not comfortable in her clothes. Which means she wanted to make a good first impression. Which means she takes her job seriously. Which means she'll try to make me come to class.

But I really don't care. Many people have tried getting me on the right track and I take pleasure in disappointing them. I smile internally at my own self-awareness. Who needs a shrink, really? She does look way more attractive than Mod though. I find myself admiring her from afar, the way she moves is graceful, and I don't usually notice this kind of thing, so it must be quite noticeable.

I give a discrete look to Elliott, on my left, who's the guy I chose to keep me company this year. And the guy who tells me when the tests are, so I can take them and not be expelled completely from this hellish school. Elliott is looking at our new teacher like a kid looks at an ice cream truck on a hot day. I laugh to myself and think "God, I hope he tries to score her, so we can have a laugh. She's out of your league, bro". She really was.

Garcia introduces her and mispronounces her name. "She's French then". She makes a small joke. "And has humor, not bad".

Garcia leaves the room after saying we drove Mod insane. I have no opinion on that, since I saw the guy only six times to take tests and once because I was in the neighborhood. The guy hated me.

That idiot girl Sophie mentions my name and wakes me up from my train of thought:

- Although I'm sure he would say Aaron's the reason why he's leaving the state.

The teacher's eyes fall on me and I hear my heart skip a beat. She really is beautiful.

- Aaron? She asks.

I like how my name sounds with her voice. She has a slight accent but it's barely noticeable. I know she feels the intensity of my gaze, and I make no effort to hide it. I feel a sense of pride noticing a slight shift in her composure, like I affect her somehow. Women often try to get my affection, but I have other priorities. Most of them don't interest me. But I have to say, getting HER attention would feel nice. I don't know if it's because she's a teacher, so she's forbidden, or because she's young and hot. She also has that sort of ... vulnerability? But tries to hide it. I find that intriguing.

She introduces herself. 23. Less than two years older than me.

- ...About discipline, I guess I will figure it out along the way, in all honesty.

Her eyes meet mine again. Go on, tell me what punishment you'll give me for not attending your classes, beautiful.

- I guess I won't be the type of teacher who is breathing down your neck all the time. And I know homework sucks because I was a college student literally a few months ago. So... What I want to say is, come to class or don't come, do your homework or don't, I won't be able to lie on your grades I guess, but if you don't care, that's just fine by me.

Alright, I can definitely work with that. I like her.

- How about y'all introduce yourselves in French to me?

Aaand that's my cue. But before I get up, she speaks again:

- I'll start!

I guess I can stay for a minute, just to know more about her. "Know more about her", jeez, what's next, am I gonna write about her in my diary or something?

I barely understand French but I understand she's from Paris and something about having a brother and something about food. I should have paid more attention to Mod's class I guess, I would have understood her better.

- Would you go first? She then asks Sophie.

I decide that's my time to make an exit. I grab my stuff and head for the door. By a happy coincidence, she's in my way and I stop to speak to her. I can see her wide innocent blue eyes scanning me while I move.

Fuck. She smells good.

- I'm sorry... Lana. But I'm not doing this. If you're as chill as you try to make us believe, you'll have no problem emailing when you're planning on doing tests.

I want to test her. To see how she would react to me showing her how gorgeous she is. I purposefully take a good look at her curves. Her neck looks soft and warm, and I notice a very small mole close to her collarbone. Her blouse is quite wide, so it's hard to scan her in detail, but I do notice she looks to have curves where it matters and a small waist. Her legs are long, and slim and I try not to imagine them around my waist. When my eyes go back to her face, I know I won. She looks a lilt shaken, her lips parted, and her eyes darkened a little.

I give her a little smile, to show her I know I won, and get out of the classroom.