Chapter 14

Charlie is just getting out of the shower when he hears his phone ringing. He needs to get dressed and go meet Alan and Jeff at the racetrack for some extra practice. Babe has already left to meet Way. He had called Babe early and said he had news to share on the office building Babe had asked him to check out.

Charlie makes a quick grab for his phone. "Hello?"

"P'Charlie," Rain sounds a little frantic. "Where's P'Babe? I tried to call him, but he isn't answering his phone."

"He went to Way's house to go over some things." Charlie says.

He knits his brow when Rain says, "Oh no, P'Charlie we need to find him now."

"Rain, what's happened?" Charlie asks.

"P'Way is the enigma. He's probably working with Tony." Rain says, "At the very least he's been hiding the fact that he is an enigma."

Charlie's blood runs cold at this, Rain is right. Enigmas are rare and Pete isn't working with Tony, so that leaves Way.

"He was going to Way's house. Do you need the address?" Charlie asks.

Someone with Rain says something Charlie can't quite make out and Rain says, "No, Khun Pete says he's been there. We'll meet you there."

Way moves quickly, throwing things in a bag. His original plan had been to keep Babe here, at least for a short time, while he made plans to move him to Tony's house. However, the increasing intensity and number of the phone calls from both that little omega Rain and Charlie tells him that he is running out of time. He makes a dash for the bathroom to grab his medication then takes his duffel bag to the living room. Babe is sitting on the sofa staring at him. The alpha isn't able to move. Way is a very powerful enigma and when he touches someone and uses a commanding tone the person has no choice but to obey.

He had touched Babe that way and told him he couldn't move. The alpha is looking at him, fear filling his eyes. Way doesn't like that look, the alpha may not believe him, but he cares for Babe. He is doing this so he and Babe can be together and live in peace. This is all that brat Charlie's fault.

Way strokes Babe's face, "Shhh, it's all right don't be afraid. If we give Tony what he wants, a child, he will let us live in peace."

The fear in Babe's eyes increases to one of revulsion as well. Way sighs, he wishes he had time to convince Babe, but they need to get out of here first. Once they are safe, he will bring Babe around to his side of things even if he has to use his powers to make Babe return his feelings. It's not what he wanted, he wanted Babe's feelings to be genuine, but they are out of time. This will have to be enough.

He takes his bag to the car then comes back for the alpha. He puts his hand on Babe's shoulder and says, "Come with me, now."

He is just guiding Babe to the car when two vehicles pull up and several tough looking men hop out. Rain and Babe's brother Phayu is among them. So is Pete.

"Let P'Babe go." Rain says. "Get your hands off of him."

"Way, you don't have to do this," Pete says. "You can make your own decisions."

"I can't," Way feels close to tears. Why had everything gone so wrong? "I owe Tony everything."

"You don't." Pete says, "He is only using you to get to Babe."

On some level Way knows he is right, but he doesn't know what else he can do. Serving Tony is all he has ever known from the time he was a small child. Everything he had is thanks to Tony. Another car pulls up and it's Charlie. Charlie moves quickly to grab Babe away from him. Way wants to fight him, and at the same time to beg him not to take Babe away but it's over. The men, probably Rain's father's men, are surrounding him to take him into custody.