Chapter 9

They go out on Friday to celebrate Charlie's addition to the team. Dean isn't with them since he had been suspended from the team earlier that day for starting a fight with Sonic and North. Alan is also running late as is Jeff, who Alan has talked into rejoining the team somehow. Charlie said that Alan had asked him about Jeff and Charlie had told him Jeff's favorite cafe to hang out at. Babe doesn't know what he said to Jeff, but it obviously worked as Jeff was back at the garage.

When Alan comes in, he says, "Sorry, I don't have my car. I got a ride with Jeff instead."

Babe raises an eyebrow at this. There is nothing wrong with Alan's car. Sounds like he just wanted an excuse to spend time with Jeff. Babe smirks as he thinks of Alan with his obvious crush on the younger man. It's adorable.

"Where is Jeff, I want to talk to him." Babe says. Charlie gives him a funny look and Babe says, "I want to apologize for the way I treated him in the past."

"Oh, ready to admit you were jealous?" Charlie teases with a grin. Everyone else at the table laughs.

"Yeah." Babe says honestly.

"He's outside parking the car, he insisted on letting me out at the door." Alan says.

"Probably worried about your old joints walking from the parking lot." North says.

"I'll show you my old joints," Alan says, raising his hand like he is going to smack North. North flinches away causing Sonic to almost fall out of his chair laughing.

Babe leaves the group to their antics and goes outside to find Jeff.

Jeff is just coming towards the front door of the bar.

"So you came back to the garage?" Babe says.

"Yes, I am back to being an intern so I will be a pain in your ass for a while." Jeff answers smartly.

Babe smiles at this, Jeff seems a lot more relaxed around him now. "Can I talk to you?" Babe says. Jeff follows him over to a spot in front of the bar.

"I wanted to talk to you about misunderstanding what was going on between you and Charlie." Babe says.

"It's fine, I get it." Jeff says.

"Yes, but I still need to apologize to you for being rude." Babe says.

Jeff gives Babe a speculative look and says, "You're serious about Charlie right? You won't dump him easily like Babe's other boys? If you are just playing with him, I suggest you stop. I don't want to see my brother hurt. Charlie is special."

"I know," Babe says. "But I've also never felt like this with anyone before. I want to be with your brother for a long time."

"I just want to know that you are serious, that's enough." Jeff tells him.

"I'm serious." Babe says. "It's because of Charlie that I wanted to talk to you. Jeff you are Charlie's brother so you are my brother too. Also, if Uncle Alan bothers you, come discuss it with me. I'll take care of it for you." This last is said in a teasing tone.

"Okay, but I probably don't need your help. I think I can handle Alan by myself." Jeff says.

This makes Babe laugh, "Wow give me a break, just take it easy and be kind to Alan. He likes you a lot."

Babe starts to walk off, but Jeff grabs his arm with a strange look on his face. He doesn't say anything, he just looks like he is in a trance, his face is full of terror. Babe suddenly feels concern for him. He has heard of people having absence seizures and wonders if Jeff has those.