TWENTY THREE

The next day at school was...chaotic, to say the least. Cady was framed for pushing Regina in front of the bus even though she was all right.

Half the school hated her and the other half only liked her because they thought she pushed someone in front of a bus...

At least the spring fling was today right? I had no clue what to wear so I texted Regina.

Y/n <3: Regina what are you wearing to the dance?

Blondie 💗: it's a surprise 😘

Y/n <3: THAT DOESNT HELP

Blondie 💗: yes it does

I laughed at Regina's message. Deciding to wear a more simple dress posting it on my instagram.

Kinda looking like the Walmart version of belle from beauty and the beast

♥️322 💬54

@DamienHubbard: THATS MY COUSIN YALL

@JanisImi'ike: you look great!

@OliviaMcKinley: Smash
@User63372: Die
@User63372: you fucking hoe

I was guessing that it was one of Regina's Alt accounts. Her comments always made me laugh a little.

Damien, Janis, and I, all met up near the front. Damien and Janis were wearing matching purple suits it was super cute. "Ready to go inside?" I asked.

They both nodded, as we entered the building.

Cady's POV•

"Ok guys we have to lock in!" Kevin stated as we entered the stage. The other school was already there, in a group huddle.

The announcer called both teams to the front to shake hands. She then explained the rules to us and the very little people sitting in the audience.

We were getting questions right over and over again. It was a close game. "So this has never happened before but we have a tie!" The announcer stated excitedly.

"In the event of a tie both teams will choose a player from the opposing team to do a one on one round. First person with the correct answer wins."

We all nodded, discussing who we wanted to pick. "We want the girl!" The other team shouted. Not even thinking about Kevin replied, "Well we want the girl too!"

I was a nervous wreck walking up to that podium, we shook hands and a problem appeared on the projector. "Find the limit of this equation."

I couldn't even think. In that moment, I thought deeply and truly about what I had been doing with my life. I don't know why now but I did.