Prologue

There are always those moments in life when you feel completely worthless. When you feel like there's no turn, there's no way to get out of a rut. There's always those things holding you back that you can't control. When you're at your worst and they tear you apart. But then there's those moments when you feel completely free. When nothing is holding you back, and you can do anything you set your mind to. There's always that one person who can lift you up when you're falling down. When you're at your best and they make sure you stay that way. They're always by your side, through thick, thin, and the roller coaster of challenges that come along with it.

     Lithium carbonate, in the form of ionic or salt, is commonly used as a psychiatric medication. A number of chemical salts of lithium are used medically as mood-stabilizing drugs, primarily in the treatment of bipolar disorder, where they have a role in the treatment of depression and particularly of mania, both acutely and long term. As a mood stabilizer, lithium is probably more effective in preventing mania than depression, and reduces the risk of suicide in bipolar patients. In depression alone, unipolar disorder, lithium can be used to augment other antidepressants.

      My lithium wasn't necessarily in the drug form.