Chapter 16

Please, ignore mistakes🙏

Third person p.o.v-

"It's strange," he stated again. "You are filthy........, worthless......, and have nothing in common with her."

"But, I don't know which part of you-Reminds me of Lee Y/N''"

''Even thinking about it feels shitty'' he stated gripping your neck tightly.

Your eyes widened in shock as his words reverberated through your mind. "Did he just say Lee Y/N? Did he just utter my name? Jeon Jungkook, do you... do you remember me?" The realization sent a jolt of disbelief through you. The grip around your throat tightened painfully, making and it increasingly difficult to draw breath.

You began to push against him, desperately trying to break free. Your fists pounded against his stomach and chest, but to no avail. His hold remained unyielding. You repeatedly tapped on his hand, pleading for him to stop, but he seemed unaffected. With desperation clawing at you, you dug your nails into his arm, drawing blood in an attempt to force him to release you. Yet, did he relent? A big fat 'no'.

As the lack of oxygen began to take its toll, your vision started to blur. A crimson hue painted your entire face. Your lips quivered, attempting to form words, yet nothing emerged. It felt as though your very soul was slipping away from your body.

Black spots danced before your eyes, and a sense of drowsiness crept over you. Jungkook's words became unintelligible, lost in the haze of your fading consciousness.

"I... I can't even make out what he's saying. Am I... am I going to die again? Is this some cruel game orchestrated by fate? Why grant me a second chance at life,... only to snatch it away?" The questions swirled in your mind, mingling with fear and uncertainty. With each passing moment, your struggles grew weaker and weaker. Your eyes rolled back until finally, your body went limp, collapsing into Jungkook's arms as consciousness slipped away.

Taking a break from the long stressful day.

________________________________

As you slowly opened your eyes, a wave of intense pain surged through your throat, prompting a soft groan to escape your lips. Wincing, you sat upright on the bed, gingerly holding your neck. Taking in your surroundings, you furrowed your brow at the sight of the unfamiliar yet undeniably beautiful room.

"Where... where am I?..... ahummm... Is this heaven? Have I become an angel?" You mumbled weakly, attempting to speak but finding it difficult through the discomfort in your throat. "Why does my throat hurt so much?"

The door creaked open, causing you to flinch as a maid entered the room. Relief washed over her face as she noticed you awake. "Oh, miss, you're awake. Thank goodness! How's your neck pain? I've already applied ointment for you. You've been unconscious for the past ten hours." she said putting a tray on the nightstand.

"Te..ten hours?" You echoed to yourself, before turning your attention to the maid. "Wh..where am I, how did i co..come here and who are you?" you asked still holding your neck.

"Jeez, too many questions at once. But it's okay, I'll answer them for you. But firstly, please drink this."

"What's this?"

"It's soup. I specially made it to alleviate your neck pain. You'll feel better after having it."

"I'm not having it," you said firmly.

"Please, Miss, please drink this soup. Don't worry, I didn't add any poison to it." she said jokingly.

"How can I believe you?"