Epilogue I: Changes

Nesrin (+ Sage!) Mahini | @nesrinmahini12 | 13 Jun 549, 6:43pm WUT (CKT-6)

Hey, @glide2_mistralton, why did you take the episode of "Humane Stories" you filmed with us off your upcoming schedule? https://glidenetwork.ua/schedule...

13 💬 | 14 🔁 | 134 ♥

Nesrin (+ Sage!) Mahini | @nesrinmahini12 | 13 Jun 549, 6:47pm WUT (CKT-6)

Welp, @glide2_mistralton blocked us. Guess that's our answer :upside_down:

25 💬 | 19 🔁 | 191 ♥

puta 2.1.5-rc7 (reál) | @c4ssIOpeia | 14 Jun 549, 4:11am CPT (CKT+3)

shit huh. hold on, I gotchu

2 💬 | 2 🔁 | 22 ♥

puta 2.1.5-rc7 (reál) | @c4ssIOpeia | 14 Jun 549, 4:49am CPT (CKT+3)

Hey @glide2_mistralton ur supposed to change the password on your router from the default one xdd jajajajajajaja https://libreupload.kl/u/YW1vbmd1cw0K...

79 💬 | 110 🔁 | 782 ♥

// transcript_s6e22_wip_280449.txt

[B-ROLL FOOTAGE OF LILLYWOOD]

NARRATOR: Sunnyside Heights is a small, quaint neighborhood on the northwest of Lillywood, a quiet town located forty minutes away from Mistralton. It's the perfect place to raise a family, with its many playgrounds, one of the largest public schools in the region, and a pediatric hospital located smack dab in its center. As beautiful as it is, though, it is not free from the woes of human life. Last November, Sunnyside Heights experienced a tragedy when Sage Mahini, a seven-year-old boy, was found dead in confusing circumstances. It was an indescribable loss for everyone, but the mother of the family, thirty-seven-year-old Nesrin Mahini working as a microbiologist for a company based in Mistralton, had taken it particularly hard.

[B-ROLL FOOTAGE ZOOMS IN ON THE FAMILY HOUSE]

NARRATOR: But then, an unexpected development at the beginning of February changed everything, when a Phantump unexpectedly showed up on the family's doorstep one night—and Nesrin believes them to be their lost child. Join our host, Pamela Hutchins, for this exclusive interview with the Mahini family.

[INTRO SEQUENCE]

[EPISODE NAME: "LIFE AFTER DEATH? <WIPWIPWIPWIPW>"]

[TRANSITION TO THE INTERVIEW FOOTAGE, SWEEP FROM PAMELA TO THE GUEST. ZOOM IN ON THE SLEEPING PHANTUMP ON THE GUEST'S LAP]

PAMELA HUTCHINS NARRATION: Hello, and welcome back to Humane Stories. Today, I'll be interviewing someone with quite an unbelievable story to tell, one she's been keen to tell for months now.

[FADE TO PAMELA, START INTERVIEW AUDIO]

PAMELA HUTCHINS: Good afternoon.

NESRIN MAHINI: Good afternoon, it is a pleasure to finally have a chance to tell the world my side of our story for once.

PAMELA HUTCHINS: Before we talk about what happened in February, could you talk about the aftermath of Sage's death?

NESRIN MAHINI: Ahhh, goodness, it's hard to think back to that. What can I say? It broke all our hearts. I've always tried to be there for our kids, more than I've seen other folks in my position be, but it always came into that conflict with what it felt like I should be doing, you know that idealized image of a hardworking migrant. It's an awful, perverse one of course, but even if I knew better, I ended up kinda letting it push me into focusing more and more time on work because I was afraid I'd come off as the 'bad' kind of migrant, a horribly racist stereotype but I guess even if I knew better it still kinda got its hooks into me—and even my husband, too.