1

Everytime he uttered her name, his mind would send a silent prayer for her too towards the heavens.

Naina

He breathed deeply, sinking further into his arm chair. He resisted closing his eyes lest his tiredness take him on road of tranquil, sweet fantasies of her.

His Cadet Naina Ah' Singh.

Captain Rajveer shook his head. Well he be damned, first he falls in love with his unsuspecting student and late friend's sister and now she hates him with a vengeance.

His eyes fall on Abhimanyu's neatly made bed on the floor, next to his own. Ah, even his only other surviving best friend hates him now.

Rajveer pinches the middle of his forehead. In all these years he felt as if he had been perpetually on the losing side of life. Naina's coming had provided respite in this never changing cycle and for the first time he felt no sorrow upon losing- he lost his heart to her.

He stands up walking over to his bed room which he seldom used. If Abhimanyu were to come back from his night jog just then, he wasn't particularly looking forward for him to see his distress.

He sighed as he opened the cupboard and let his hand slide under the stack of neatly folded clothes until a cool metalic sensation was touching his finger tips. He withdraws his hand retrieving a tiny silver box. Flicking it's lid open, Rajveer watched the steady gleam of the one inch bullet under the dim lighting of the room.

The bullet which the doctors had nonchalantly removed from his shoulder after a long surgery. The bullet which was not the first he had faced but the first bullet to have it's own separate box. The bullet which Cadet Naina Singh Ahluwalia had shot at him.

The bullet had pierced his skin but liberated his remorse. His face contorts in a thin line of anger, thinking of how he let Naina accompany him on the mission despite having spotted the revolver she had hidden away on herself.

A bitter laugh escapes his lips, he would admonish Naina by calling her an emotional fool but god save him, there was no bigger emotional than him ever since the mentorship camp ended.

Naina had bloody hell shot him with intent to kill and yet despite the constant urgings of Brigadier Chandok and even Colonel Chandra, he could not admit Naina's doing to them. He protected her even when she tried to take his life.

Mai aapko tadpa tadpa ke maarungi jaise aapne Naveen bhaiya ko mara tha.

{I will give you a slow and torturous death after how you killed my Naveen bhaiya}

Her words still rang in his head like a broken tape recorder. No matter how much he tried to forget them, he couldn't and a part of him drew some strange comfort in her rightful rage which seemed to slightly assuage his own guilt at having no option but to give Naveen the death he begged from him.

Oh the traitorous heart of his which couldn't even hate the girl who shot him at point black.

First he had lied to BC and the entire general body meeting to protect her and after that he had stolen to protect her; the truck they were in obviously had hidden security camera and microphone recorders which had snuck away from the evidences collected from the site before anyone else got to play them.

A darker expression took hold of his features as he shut the lid of the small box with a sharp click. The silent worry in his eyes in inevitable. After the cadets had rescued him, when he checked the small hidden storage of his jeep, he had to bite his lips to prevent the gasp of horror escaping- the camera and recorder were both gone.

Hey guys
Sorry for the long wait. I had some stuff going on at home. How is the chapter guys? What do you think is gonna happen?
Keep reading.