twenty. very pretty

(    ⋆·˚ ༘ *  IN BETWEEN , WALKER SCOBELL     )
❝ you look very pretty ❞

(    ⋆·˚ ༘ *  IN BETWEEN , WALKER SCOBELL     )❝ you look very pretty ❞

——— WALKER'S POV ⭐️

WE HAD JUST FINISHED FILMING THE ROM-COM MOVIE YESTERDAY AND EVERYONE WAS LEAVING TOMORROW. so we decided to do a cast dinner tonight. rowan, rebecca and phoebe wanted to get ready together. so it was just matt and i chilling in his hotel room while we wait for them to be ready.

last night, i was with rowan as usual and she stole sweatpants and a hoodie from me. she was wearing it today as well.

"i told rowan her fit was fire today." matt spoke up. "she blushed, saying thank you in her suspicious high pitched voice."

i laughed, imagining rowan flustered perfectly. my kind of woman by mac demarco started playing and instantly rowan clouded my mind. i pulled out my phone to text her.

WISE GIRL❤️
____________

seaweed brain🫶matt said your fit was fire todayi fought the urge to tellhim it was my clothesi'll give u the credit sinceyou're the prettiest girl ever

seaweed brain🫶
matt said your fit was
fire today
i fought the urge to tell
him it was my clothes
i'll give u the credit since
you're the prettiest girl ever

wise girl❤️
are you trying to kill me?

seaweed brain🫶
no but i'm trying to
K I S S  you 😄

wise girl❤️
bye bye walker

i smiled at my phone, imagining the shy smile on her face when she read my texts. when this movie comes out, i'm going to have so many questions about rowan like i usually do. when i was 13 and the adam project came out, my interviews with ryan were filled with questions about rowan.

that's when fans suspected my little crush on her back then because young walker did not know how to control what he said about her. at least it was all sweet stuff.

"i'm so bored and so ready to eat food, how long does it take for women to get ready?" matt groaned in annoyance, spinning around in his chair. i laughed.

"i'm sure they're done now. it's more like rebecca we need to worry about. that girl takes forever to get ready." i commented and then there was a knock at the door. "speaking of them."

matt sighed in relief. "thank god, i don't know how long i could sit in that chair and rot." he tails behind me, i opened the door to see rowan standing in front of me.

it was like my breath was taken from me. she wore something simple like a white tube top, black skirt and a blue lightwashed jean jacket with her samba's.

"you two ready?" rebecca peaked her head from behind rowan. matt rolled his eyes and pushed past me, walking ahead.

"we've been ready." he mumbled and all of us looked at him. rebecca and phoebe followed him. "okay, mr. sassy pants much?"

rowan and i trailed behind them, our hands intertwined. "you look very pretty, by the way." i told her and her cheeks went red.

"thank you." she smiled and swung our hands back and forth slightly. i could tell rowan was slightly upset about filming coming to an end and everyone leaving. she tried to hide it but i've known this girl for years.

"hey, don't be upset right now. you can be upset tomorrow when people leave but not now." i tugged her hand and she looked up at me. "we're all still together, right?"

"right." she nodded, feeling instantly better. i let go of her hand and wrapped my arm around her instead. we both talked, i made her laugh a couple times, it was a good walk to the restaurant.

it was the next day, rowan sobbing as she hugged rebecca goodbye and phoebe. i frowned at the moment also hugging matt goodbye as well. "i'll call you everyday and we'll see each other soon."

"at the premiere." matt pointed out and we all nodded our heads. "well, see you later guys."

one by one, they all left and it was just rowan and i. we were taking the flight to her house since i was staying over for a little while. she sniffled, wiping her tears away and i pull her closer to me.

"it's okay row. we'll see them at the premiere." i reassured her as we sat down. she laid her head on my shoulder, sighing and feeling tired. "take a nap. our flight is not until another hour."

she hummed in response before falling asleep.

rowan laid her head on my shoulder in the car. we landed and cameron came to pick us up from the airport. she looked out the window with a frown and i could tell something was bothering her. i decided not to mention it until we got to her house.

"so how are you two lovebirds?" cameron asked, glancing at us through the rearview mirror. rowan didn't respond and he furrowed his eyebrows at his sisters strange behaviour. i gave him a look that i don't know what happened.

"we're good." i responded and cameron nodded his head, pulling into the driveway. rowan took her head off my shoulder and stepped out of the car. "hey row, just go inside and rest, i'll grab your stuff."

she gave me a smile, kissing my cheek before heading inside. i helped cameron with all the stuff and rushed up to her room. she laid in bed, a blanket over her.

"rowan?" i called out to her, laying beside her. "what's wrong?"

"nothing, i'm good." she mumbled, still not facing me. i sighed and looked over to her. "you know i've known you far too long to be able to tell when you're lying."

"i'm just overthinking." rowan admitted, turning to face me. "i really want this to work walker."

i frowned at her words. i knew rowan overthinks a lot because her family isn't the most stable or perfect one. she's scared of losing people but i understood her, i was going to prove her wrong and that she won't lose anymore people.

"hey, i'm not going anywhere." i reassured her, putting a hand on her arm. "you see? i'm here and i'm not leaving."

everything felt right with rowan. even when you doubt a relationship for a moment, if it feels right it's meant to be.

no matter what, it will always be rowan.

——— ROAN SPEAKS ! 🧸

epilogue will be out sometime
today when i find the time to
write it.
i just want to say thank you
for the support and love for
this book, you guys really
motivated me to finish this fanfic
and i love that.

rowan and walker will have
one more chapter you guys!🩷