chapter xi

"𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩 𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫, '𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭! 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨𝐨? 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞.'"
- 𝐂.𝐒. 𝐋𝐞𝐰𝐢𝐬

 𝐋𝐞𝐰𝐢𝐬

Team Avatar-Ransu stood triumphantly atop the crest of a hill, the vibrant Earth Kingdom City of Omashu sprawling beneath them like a masterpiece of grandeur and history. Aang, his arms wide open, couldn't contain his excitement. "Behold, the Earth Kingdom's City of Omashu!" he proclaimed with fervour. "I used to always come here with Reina to visit our friend Bumi."

Katara's eyes widened in wonder. "Wow! Our village in the South Pole don't have buildings like this!"

Sokka, still processing the sight before him, felt a sense of awe mixed with a tinge of disbelief. "They have buildings here that don't melt!" he marvelled.

With a mischievous glint in his eyes, Aang urged his companions forward. "Come on, slowpokes! The real excitement awaits within the city walls!"

Bounding down the hillside with the grace of airbending, Aang and Kireina descended into the outskirts of the city, where the snow gave way to the promise of warmer weather.

But Katara, ever the cautious one, raised a hand to halt their progress. "Hold on. Revealing yourselves as the Avatar and Ransu could pose a serious risk here."

"You'll need to blend in," Sokka added, his tone tinged with seriousness.

A hint of sarcasm laced Aang's response. "Oh, sure. Let me just grow a mustache, shall I?"

"Yup! Absolutely spot on!" Katara exclaimed with a grin, fashioning a makeshift wig for Aang out of whatever material she could find nearby. It turned out to be Appa's fur. Meanwhile, Kireina opted to conceal her identity with her Arctic Wolf mask that shrouded her features entirely.

"Actually, Reina, it might be more practical if you went with a wig like Aang's," Katara suggested, her tone tinged with concern.

Kireina cut her off before she could continue. "I am not wearing Appa's fur as a wig," she declared firmly, shooting a pointed look at Aang, who sported a makeshift mustache made from a patch of Appa's fur. She wrinkled her nose at his complaints about the itchiness. "I'll just claim to have a giant scar if anyone asks."

"Fair enough," Katara conceded with a nod. "But Yun, you can't stroll around in those Fire Nation robes. You'll need a disguise too."

"Actually, I was wondering if one of you could cut my ponytail?" Yun's unexpected request hung in the air, causing a collective intake of breath from his companions. Even Momo, with his limited understanding, seemed to grasp the gravity of Yun's desire for change. Letting my hair be loose symbolizes that I had cut ties with the Fire Nation's royal family. A black-coloured ponytail symbolizes the absolute loyalty to the Fire Nation, which I do not have or want anymore."