prologue ii

"𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞, 𝐈 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬, 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐞, 𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞. 𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬, 𝐈 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬, 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐞, 𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞. 𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬, 𝐈 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬, 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐞, 𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐦. 𝐈 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐞𝐝, 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐈 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬, 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐞, 𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫."
- 𝐀𝐥𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝐂𝐚𝐦𝐮𝐬

" - 𝐀𝐥𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝐂𝐚𝐦𝐮𝐬

"I suppose this marks our farewell, beloved brother," Azula grinned. It had been a week since Prince Zuko's contentious remarks during a war council, and a few days following his harrowing Agni Kai confrontation with the Fire Lord. Zuko hasn't been himself since.

However, Prince Yun, the younger one of the twin brothers, was aware of the truth. Azula had no genuine attachment to either him or Zuko.

"Stop pretending, Azula. You have no concern for either of us," Yun spat out.

"Ah, Yun, you wound me. Of course, I hold a deep affection for you," she retorted, flashing a smirk. Her skill at deception was so refined that the boy couldn't discern whether her words held sincerity or sarcasm. While he too possessed a manipulative streak, he refrained from employing it.

"Goodbye, Azula," Yun murmured, then swiftly pivoted away, striding up the ramp toward his quarters aboard the ship.

___

"Ah, greetings, Uncle," Yun said, embracing General Iroh warmly. It had been several years since their last meeting.

"Hello, Prince Yun. It warms my heart to reunite with my cherished nephew. How are things?" he inquired.

"Well, judging by the current situation... not too promising," the boy replied, glancing over his shoulder to witness Zuko hurriedly directing the crew members.

"I understand... Let's not dwell on that for now; allow me to brew some Ginseng tea, and I can regale you with tales of my worldly adventures," he suggested, giving the boy's shoulder a reassuring pat.

Yun responded with a smile and a nod.

Returning the smile, he retreated into his quarters. Yun made his way to the main deck where preparations for departure were nearly complete. Catching sight of Zuko gazing out to sea, Yun sensed an undercurrent of anger emanating from him.

"Zuko, what's troubling you? You haven't spoken to me since...?" the younger one gently inquired, attempting to offer solace. Yet, the Zuko he encountered now seemed markedly different from the one he knew a week prior.

"You don't have to keep bringing it up," Zuko spat.

"Suppressing your emotions isn't healthy," Yun consoled, attempting to offer guidance.

"Why don't you practice what you preach and just leave me be," he retorted, spinning around and striding off, giving his twin brother a forceful shove in the process. Yun winced slightly at the impact.

His brother has truly undergone a transformation.

爱在风中
𝐿𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒲𝒾𝓃𝒹